BC Fishing Reports banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 56 Results
  1. Saltwater General Discussions
    Here is the last morning video report from our last day. Chinook Salmon Fishing Ucluelet British Columbia with Anchovies along the Lighthouse and Little Beach Shoreline. It was our last morning out fishing and we only had a few hours before check out. So we got out earlier than the previous...
  2. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hey guys, I'm selling a conventional trolling rod/reel setup, its advertised on Kijiji (see link below) for local sale (Vernon, BC) but if you can pick it up, its yours for 160$ (price is negotiable). See the ad for full details. I need to get it off my hands, so suggest a reasonable price and...
  3. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hey guys, I'm selling a conventional trolling rod/reel setup, its advertised on Kijiji (CLICK HERE) for local sale (Vernon, BC) but if you can pick it up, its yours for 160$ (price is negotiable). See the ad for full details. I need to get it off my hands, so suggest a reasonable price and I...
  4. Saltwater Tackle Talk!
    Thinking about upgrading my downrigger rods and have a question about length. I currently have two 8'3" convergence rods which work well enough, but I was wondering why a lot of people use 10'6" mooching rods with their downriggers. I know the shorter rods are easier to use in a small boat, but...
  5. Saltwater General Discussions
    I used to mainly fish for trout in local lakes, and sometimes Steelhead in local rivers. But due to a bad back, I gave up on my pontoon boat and finally lost interest. That was till I seen people fishing from Stand-up Paddleboards...
  6. Boating Forum
    Hello All: I have a 28' Bayliner Cabin Cruiser that my wife and I purchased back in December. I bought a used 2005 Honda 9.9 that I wanted to use as a kicker motor. My plan was to use a Panther T4 hooked up to a Trollmaster Pro3 to give me both remote steering and speed control. I have since...
  7. Saltwater General Discussions
    Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has checked out thrasher rock lately? hopefully those Columbian springs will be passing by the coast soon
  8. Boating Forum
    I was fishing with a buddy at the "Bell Bouy" a couple of weeks ago and noticed a guy dealing with his downriggers while stearing his trolling motor with a remote. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen that before?
  9. Freshwater Professional Reports
    The water temperatures are now in the zone where the fish are eating everything they can get their fins on before the ice man cometh. Reports from Lundbom are that black micro leeches are still the ticket for fish to 24 inches. Roche is fishing with, you guessed it, micro leeches in varying...
  10. Freshwater General Discussions
    For those interested in Kootenay Lake fishing and Rainbow Trout, you may be interested in our website at kootenayangler.com. We've just posted a recap of our weekend at the 2010 Woodbury Resort Rainbow derby. Enjoy! We had lots of luck trolling flies such as the "grey ghost" polar hair fly.
  11. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Fish On! That is the cry being heard on lakes all over the area. Lundbom is producing well with dragons just off the shore under an indicator at about 8 feet deep. Roche and area lakes are producing as well. An olive damsel around size 12 seems to be good just about everywhere. Horseshoe is...
  12. Region 8 - Reports
    I launched from Summerland yesterday with my step dad and his friend about 3pm and fished until just before 7pm. We fished around Crecent beach with nothing really showing on the finder so we headed across to Good creek area. We were trolling 1, 4 inch, trout pattern apex on the down rigger at...
  13. Freshwater General Discussions
    I was in the Harrison yesterday. Tried trolling spinners and plugs for a while with not much luck. Noticed a bunch of boats right at the mouth. We decided to join this Chum jigging frenzy right at the mouth. At first we sat back on anchor for a bit and watched everyone to see what they were...
  14. Saltwater General Discussions
    I think I may need a course on courtesy whilst trolling. Today out at the Cap everyone was doing the back and forth very orderly, was very smooth. When the boat in front of me got a bite, he threw her into neutral and told me to go around him... His boat went sideways and F'd everyone up. I...
  15. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Sunny days ahead. It Looks like a fine time to get out and wet a line. The Kane Valley lakes were fishing well with chironomids on the weekend. Our source says fish to five pounds. The trolling in Nicola Lake continues to be steady for rainbows. A small Gomphus Dragon in Lundbom was the...
  16. Saltwater General Discussions
    I had this situation happen to me a while back, and it's still kinda bothering me. I was trolling out at the Cap, and it was pretty busy out there. I do my best to keep out of people's way, and really try to anticipate what the other boats are going to do. I rarely get upset with people who...
  17. Freshwater General Discussions
    I'm looking for a stress free setting to take the family Salmon fishing. Like everyone else I have filled up the freezer with sockeye and would like take the kids and lady out for some fun also. Setting the rod in the pull holder and pulling or back trolling kwik fish is always fun for me and...
  18. Freshwater General Discussions
    ok, my fishing buddy and I have this discussion every year. We normally troll Upper Arrow lakes for Rainbows and of course Dollies.. I have read that in spring time it is best to troll at slower speeds (under 2 mph) and faster if you like in the fall aka 3 mph and above. We normally use lyman...
  19. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hi all, I am off for the weekend again, cant wait. I am fishing shallow lakes, Fish Lake and McCulluch or Hydraulic Lake as it is sometimes called (avg depth about 12-18ft) which are stocked with Eastern Brook Trout. Any tips? I hear they are easily spooked and mostly go for bugs, flies...
  20. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hi all, I'm off to a cabin on Fish Lake for the weekend, its on the way to Big White from Kelowna, nearby Lakes are Browne Lake (is it really fly fish only?) and Hydraulic/McCullough Lake. I have heard Fish Lake is stocked with Brook trout? Anyway I am looking for any info/tips on catching...
1-20 of 56 Results