BC Fishing Reports banner

Smoked Red Spring

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  cellikbhoy 
#1 ·
Went to Bruces Market to pickup 40pds of Ocean caught Red spring.Upon arrival a young sales clerk informs me i cannot have my salmon because of renovations.I informed the guy they called my wife last week and said to come pick up the salmon.She told them i would be in on saturday,they said great.The young sales clerk says sorry sir you were misinformed,i tell the guy i'm not leaving without my salmon,and to get the store manager.Another young dude comes out and i tell him the same thing,he gets on the phone and talks for awhile then tells me it will be ready in 1 hr as it is at the bottom of the freezer,i tell him to let me in the freezer and i will get the salmon.He laughs and said 1 hr,i tell him i will stand right here in front of the fish counter untill i recieve my salmon as i work out of province and am only in town every month for couple of days.People were looking and i stood there and lo and behold 10 mins later buddy brings out my two boxes of salmon,i thank them and leave.Very strange customer service not sure what is going on there???

#5 ·
I think it was my fish,but how would one know for sure? I have also heard people not recieving the same fish they took in.They also had fresh sockeye fillets for sale and people were buying, one old fella asked the young clerk where they got them and he said he didn't know.

#12 ·
My family and i have been going to Bruces market for many yrs, thats why i got peed off at the lousy customer service this time around.That paticular day was my only day i was in town to pick up my salmon( a week after they had called to say it was ready).Most of my time is spent working in the Alberta oil and gas industry.

#14 ·
well unfortunately they ruined a sturgeon trip for me a few weeks ago, I called at 7.30am, & asked to have 6 salmon heads & 4# spring roe put away with my name on it, & told them I would be in at 1pm to pick up, when i get there, nothing was put by for me, no-one seemed to know what was going on there, there are a lot of young staff there now, perhaps they are not getting trained properly.:2cents: Jamie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.