BC Fishing Reports banner

Tamihi Run-Of-River Project?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Green Machine 
#1 ·
Found this today but unable to find it online to copy and paste. As it reads in the Wednesday addition of the Chilliwack paper:

NOTICE OF PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE
Tamihi Creek Run-Of-River Hydroelectric Project Development Plan

Take notice that KMC Energy Corp of Abbotsford, B.C. will be hosting a public Open House regarding information on their Tamihi Creek Run-Of-River Hydroelectric Project Development Plan Application which has been submitted to the ministry of forests, lands and national resource operations, Surrey for review. Tamihi Creek is located within the Chilliwack River Valley, near Chilliwack, B.C. The Open House will be held from 5-8pm on October 7,2015 at the Tzeachten Community Centre 45855 Promontory Road in Chilliwack, B.C.

Further to this, copies of the development plan are available at the Chilliwack Library 45860 First Ave., Chilliwack, B.C. and at the KMC Energy Corp, office 1-2650 Progressive Way, Abbotsford, B.C. These plans will be available for review for at least 30 days starting September 23,2015. Please call ( 604) 854 5465 for an appointment to review the plan at the KMC office.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now I am no expert on this matter, but I can only imagine this one would ruffle a few feathers when distributed to the masses that live or use the River Valley. I am really surprised this has not been brought up already by some of the stewards of the River Valley, maybe they are not aware yet.
I will posting this to all sites, and all that will be able to read. I also plan on being at this Public Open House to hear all involved. Maybe other groups, more informed will. comment and be available as well.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.