Attention - Password and Security Update

Thread: Attention - Password and Security Update

Administrator
    Thanks

Default Attention - Password and Security Update

Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

SDPY (06-25-2016)

Thanks

Lack of support on this issue is killing this site !! I sent an email 3 days ago but as of yet no response and as you can see by the lack of posts this site has problems that need s to be addressed.
    Last edited by Rantalot; 06-29-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    quot;If you cast they will come"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rantalot For This Useful Post:

Jetboatwannabe (06-29-2016), Walleye76 (06-29-2016)

Thanks

Same here, emailed 5 days ago and still have yet to receive a reply, had to use the "forget password" option 6 times before it actually worked kept telling me "no user selected" and to contact admin which I did using the contact admin from that screen and recieved no reply from that either. I know there are others with same issue who simply won't be returning... It's a shame the direction this site has taken....
    Last edited by Walleye76; 06-29-2016 at 06:05 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Retired Administrator Big Green Machine's Avatar
    Thanks

I finally received a response after two attempts using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. I used the same link for the sister site Fly Fish BC and have not reviewed a new password so still locked out there.
    "There's a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

Thanks

Finally back in !

VIP Access
    Thanks

glad i am not the only one not real tech savvy so thought my computer was at fault but i am back on!

Administrator
    Thanks

hey all,

I apologize for the wait, we are answering all emails as quickly as possible. if you are having any issues with your password reset, please feel free to click contact us at the bottom, and put in the subject line "password reset" along within the contacts put the account name, the email on the account, and if need be, the email you want the account changed to. also make sure you check your junk/spam folder, as your reset password may have landed there.

if you need anything else, just let us know. thanks

~Shane

Thanks

My experience was just keep resetting your password. Took me 3 goes before it worked.@Admin. You might want to let the powers that be know that this website is dying a slow death since they bought it and they might want to attempt to fix that before they have zero members.... Just sayin'.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to arrgh! For This Useful Post:

Kuma (07-04-2016)

Administrator
    Thanks

If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
    - Email On the account
    - Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

Again, I personally apologize about the wait. We are tackling the password transition as quickly as we can. if you all need anything else, please let me know.

~Shane

Thread Information