BC Fishing Reports banner

New Fishing Jacket. Any Ideas?

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  DMW 
#1 ·
So I am starting my search for a New Fishing Jacket. I have a nice one, but it isn't rain proof, so I am thinking that I should have one for those rainy days. Any ideas? Price is also a factor. ::) ;D

Thanks. :)

#6 ·
Both the Kodiak and the Cutthroat jackets both look like good quality jackets. Nice neoprene waterproof cuffs and you can tighten the waist area with the shock cord. Both have the 4 ply material allowing it too last longer. All in all both are basically the same. For the price difference, may as well just go with the cutthroat if your on a budget. :thumbup:

#11 ·
You know thwe new Sage jacket sucked in the end! The local tackle store who sold it to my wife said they've been having all kinds of problems and it wasn't worth getting a replacement. Basically after a few rainy days it totally soaked and absorbed the moisture leaving me wet.Nice comfy jacket ,too bad it doesn't work. So now I say stick with Simms goretex.

Hotrod

#13 ·
Hey DMW

I to have the Bare Kodiak Jacket, and I am very happy with it. This will be my third season with it and no leaks. Has some nice features: Neoprene cuffs,draw string waist, very high zip up collar with fleece liner for your chin, fleece hand pockets and a very good hood with draw string adjustment.

The only thing that I find wrong with it is that it can be a little warm in the late spring or early fall. But that can be worked out fairly easy.

Centerpin 8)

#16 ·
rieber said:
Dave,

I have a XXL Bare in great shape that doesn't fit me right. I bet it would fit your shoulders just right. Try one on somewhere.

Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks Rieber, I just might do that if I get a chance today. Pm me with a price if you like and we'll see what we can do. ;) :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.