BCFR Forum Rules
Please read the rules thoroughly, all members need to know and follow then to avoid disciplinary actions and to make this community enjoyable for all. When using the BCFR website, you agree by joining and participating in this forum that you acknowledge having read and agree to abide by the following rules:
1. Post padding - New members Please Read: We have had some members signing up for a membership, then posting fluff to get to 20 posts. We and the members are always patrolling this and if you decide to pad your post count in the manor, your fluff will be removed without notification. If post padding continues, you will receive a 10 day ban. This is a member participation website and if you do not intend on contributing, please do not register.
2. Usage of foul or degrading language or posting of obscene or sexually explicit material will not be tolerated.
3. There will be no promotion of any website or business; ie, sales, marketing, business, etc unless approved my admin or moderators, period! External links in posts will or may be removed at the sole discretion of BCFR and its moderators. These rules also apply to members signaturs and profiles.
4. Solicitation of donations to any group is prohibited without permission from BCFR Admin.
5. Generalizations regarding any specific race, color, creed or nationality: When discussing sensitive topics, as there can be many regarding our fisheries, understand that although some criticism of individual interest groups is acceptable, generalizing about any particular race, color, creed or nationality in a negative manner is absolutely not acceptable. Although in all of the interest groups that partake in our fisheries there will be specific individuals who might fish illegally, unethically or irresponsibly, we will not allow generalizations that portray entire interest groups in a negative, demeaning or derogatory manner based on the actions of a minority within that group. Such statements are inflammatory and irresponsible and will not be allowed on the BCFR forum.
6. Usage of the forum to verbally attack, insult, slander, slur, degrade, defame, threaten or make sexist remarks to any individual will not be tolerated. BCFR members agree to keep content tactful, civil and respectful.
7. Respecting the Moderators, if you have a concern, issue, question or a suggestion please do this in a respectful avenue, discussion over private message only. Myself and the moderators will be enforcing this and again, it will be done in a respectful matter. All members, if you feel someone has violated this rule please contact one of the moderators through PM ASAP. Also this goes both ways, the moderators are not immune from this rule.
8. Reproduction of content from other forums, copyrighted materials, usage of other peoples pictures without their consent from any organization other than BCFR is not allowed. Forum members are expected to use original content.
9. Posts that create a negative impression of the angling community or a negative image will be edited or deleted at the discretion of the Admin/Moderators. Please remember that in some forums, your threads/posts can be viewed and copied by anyone.
10. Posts containing content of illegal activities can, at BCFR’s discretion, be referred to appropriate law enforcement or Department of Fisheries, along with information about members allegedly involvement in illegal activities.
11. Replying to a thread: When you are replying to a thread be sure to keep it with in the topic title. If you have information, tips or something associated to that topic then we want to listen. If you reply to a thread with information that is not associated with the topic, this is called "High Jacking a thread". When this happens, the original thread gets off track and the person that originally posted the topic gets information he wasn't looking for! This rule is strictly enforced! If you feel a member has High Jacked your thread please report it to a moderator!
12. Posts of a political nature are prohibited unless the content has to do with issues specifically pertaining to the Fisheries and Oceans. Forum members may engage in civil discussion and debate about such issues. The thread will be closed by the Moderator if, at any time, the discussion ceases to be civil.
Failure to comply to the rules and policies of the BCFR Forum can result in, at the discretion of the Admin/Moderator, a complete ban to the offending member or members from future forum participation in our community. BCFR reserves the right to act in the best interest of the site outside of and including the rules of the site at any given time.
Fishing Report Posting Rules
1. Posting a Fishing Report: First off, please start your report with the date. Some of you might have noticed the mods change the topic by adding the date to you report already and with new report posting rules we are hoping this will change. Start your fishing report with a "April 22, 2008 - your title here" Very simple and easy to follow. Now, if a couple days later you are reading this report and you had just fished in the same location, please start your own report in a new thread. It much easier to read and to find.
2. Take the time to read the title: If a poster starts a topic, please respect the title and don't hijack the thread. If you aren't sure of what you have to add to the topic, please start a new topic.
3. Any member replying to a report with intentions of shaming them or intending to bully them for posting a report will receive a immediate 7 day ban. If this behaviour continues, you will be removed from BCFR, without hesitation.
4. Poster Respect: When a member posts a fishing report and doesn't disclose its location; lure, bait choice, colour or other details, show some respect to the poster, don't try to be the hero and guess these things in the thread. If original poster wanted to tell everyone the details, they would have in the original post. If you want to ask the person explicit details, send him/her a private message, PM! Do not ask the poster in the thread! This also applies to photo's asking member for photo's will have the same consequence!
5 Posting Pictures: If you want to post pictures of your fish, we encourage it but if you don't want people see where you caught it, then either post pictures that exclude the scenery, a picture that contains just the fish or otherwise don't post them? Pictures with the background whited out look ridiculous and we would rather read a report with no pictures, than see that!
Failure to comply to the fishing report rules and policies can result in immediate disciplinary action at the discretion of the Administration/Moderator team. BCFR reserves the right to act in the best interest of the site outside of and including the rules of the site at any given time.