BC Fishing Reports banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 183 Results
  1. Freshwater General Discussions
    Is it legal to fish in Capilano lake? Curious to know if there are lunker rainbows in there
  2. Freshwater General Discussions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUAwwzjD1s0 Those are some huge rainbows.
  3. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hey there, kinda new to the whole post thing but here t goes. I live in maple ridge and find myself with a lot of spare time recently, I know my way around the different setups ( float, BB, fly, spoon, troll, bait etc..) and have been fishing whonnock quite a bit recently with my little 12ft car...
  4. Freshwater General Discussions
    Carp...all kinds of things spring to mind when you hear that word. Dirty. Bottom feeding. Trash fish. Invasive and above all, inedible. So, who said anything about having to eat them? Not all anglers eat their catch. And the ones that do only take the choice fish. The long and short of it is...
  5. Freshwater General Discussions
    An article on the recent carp world record of 94lbs...yes, that's right. 94lbs! http://www.kryston.com/news.php Join my group 'VanCarpers' on bcfishingreports.com for more carp info!
  6. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hi guys, new to the forum. Have looked through the carp fishing posts and noticed quite a few guys are having trouble hooking and landing Cyprinus Carpio. I am from the UK and have carp fished since age 11 and during my early 20's I lived, breathed and fished carp for three years continuously...
  7. Region 8 - Reports
    So I have to admit I dont know who exactly organized it, or if any bcfr members took part in it, but yesterday there was a fishing derby on the Okanagan lake which I, along with my stepdad and a friend took part in. We started at 8 sharp from Summerland. Besides stopping in Westbank to pay fees...
  8. Angling Outside BC
    It was the second weekend of Oct 2010 and Edmonton was experiencing unseasonable warm fall weather.We were on Wabimun Lake 45 mins west of e-town on this fine fall day.Throwing spoons to the edge of the weed beds on the North Shore of this big lake moving West in direction when the first bite of...
  9. Freshwater General Discussions
    For those interested in Kootenay Lake fishing and Rainbow Trout, you may be interested in our website at kootenayangler.com. We've just posted a recap of our weekend at the 2010 Woodbury Resort Rainbow derby. Enjoy! We had lots of luck trolling flies such as the "grey ghost" polar hair fly.
  10. Freshwater General Discussions
    just wondering if anyone has info on this part of the lake? what are the better areas? is beaton arm protected from storms or a bit of a wind block? whats better the open middle part of the lake or near the beaton arm? im new to downriggin these waters, so any help would be kool.
  11. Freshwater General Discussions
    Just checking that it is closed. What thinking about going up there this weekend, but heard otherwise. Thanks
  12. Freshwater General Discussions
    any info would be great. whats here to fish and what to use?? the best areas of the lake since its 120 km long? stocking info? depths? how is it up near goldstream river?
  13. Freshwater General Discussions
    Next week I will be heading off to Mabel lake for a camping trip with some buddies before the winter hits. Since I mostly fish mountain lakes, I am not used to fishing on big lakes so I need a few hints. I would rather use my fly rod than my spinning rod, but I think that this might limit me...
  14. Region 3 - Reports
    Tried the Knutsford area with hope of hitting a new lake that a member on here made me aware (thanks bronjuan) of but the wind was gusting pretty good up in the foothills so I decided to go up Tranquille to Red Lake which I know holds big fish but I had only been to in the hardwater season...
  15. Region 3 - Reports
    Well in typical hot and cold fashion Edith slowed yesterday. Still into around 8-10 fish but nothing compared to the 5th. Still managed a nice football of a rainbow and the weather was unbelievable! Nice racoon eyes from my shades. Only a couple brookies to mention of both around a pound. Best...
  16. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Moved the boat over to Kootenay Lake yesterday. Got the boat in the water and started fishing by 10:00am. Looked like it was going to be tough conditions as it was bright and sunny,only a small ripple, and the water temp was 57 degrees which seemed a few degrees high still. But we were there...
  17. Region 8 - Reports
    Was such a sunny day when I woke up in Kelowna today I had to head out to do some shore fishing! I took the dog with me and arrived at Okanagan Centre around 10AM. Hopped the pesky fence they have put up half way down the pier (the dog just fit underneath the edge). I started out the day float...
  18. New Member Introductions
    Hmmm, what to tell you...basically I've just gotten back into fishing this June after taking about 5 years hiatus...was busy training to race kayaks and surfskis...is great to be getting reacquainted with my fly fishing gear and of course our fish. I'm mostly a lake fisher, pretty much...
  19. Region 3 - Reports
    Fishing really was unbelievable today. Two really nice rainbows in the 20-22 inch range and shaped like a chinook, just pigs! Countless brookies up to two pounds. Yesterday was a bit slower. Alot of little guys in different areas of the lake but there are a couple holes where the bigger fish are...
1-19 of 183 Results