BC Fishing Reports banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 267 Results
  1. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Sport fishing column for Oct 25 to Nov 1, 2010 One of the keys to successful angling is analysis. I tell students in my fly fishing classes to analyze everything from start to finish, both good and bad, on every fishing trip. Analysis brings theory and theories proven or disproven bring...
  2. Freshwater General Discussions
    Yes folks, I'm aware that this is also posted in the 'DFO Announcements...' section on this site but with the hundreds and hundreds of people accessing the Stave recently I didn't think it would hurt to double-up a posting of this recent info..... Moderators can remove it if it's redundancy is...
  3. Region 1 - Reports
    I just got back from fishing the Puntledge and WOW! I hooked into 50 or more chums each day and the odd older chinook. I pretied a bunch of jigs using the DIY jig packs from Bentrods and I could not keeper the chums off them. Biggest fish I landed and kept was 18lbs without the guts and gills. I...
  4. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Hello everyone, hope you had a great fall of catching fish. September saw a huge push of fall Chinook in the Fraser Valley and our guides had some great days fishing spinners on the Fraser and other systems for these hard fighting large fall Chinook. The odd chromer is still entering the...
  5. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0941-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Region 2 - Chehalis River, Harrison River, Stave River and Nicomen Slough - Chum Update Region 2 Further to FN0930 and FN0931 the coastwide returns of chum salmon have...
  6. Fishing Talk
    Stand back, he bites: British fisherman grapples with ferocious 'giant piranha'... which has been known to eat CROCODILES By Richard James Last updated at 3:45 PM on 20th October 2010 British angler Jeremy Wade looks understandably anxious as he grapples with this ferocious-looking 'giant...
  7. Angling Outside BC
    It was the second weekend of Oct 2010 and Edmonton was experiencing unseasonable warm fall weather.We were on Wabimun Lake 45 mins west of e-town on this fine fall day.Throwing spoons to the edge of the weed beds on the North Shore of this big lake moving West in direction when the first bite of...
  8. Freshwater General Discussions
    Photos taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC TS-1
  9. Freshwater Professional Reports
    The water temperatures are now in the zone where the fish are eating everything they can get their fins on before the ice man cometh. Reports from Lundbom are that black micro leeches are still the ticket for fish to 24 inches. Roche is fishing with, you guessed it, micro leeches in varying...
  10. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0931-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Area 29 and Region 2 - Fraser River - Chum Update - Amendment to FN0930 Amendment to FN0930: Daily limit for marked coho corrected from four (4) per day to two (2) per...
  11. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0930-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Area 29 and Region 2 - Fraser River - Chum Update Fraser River: Area 29 and Region 2 To date, coastwide returns of chum salmon have been very poor and the current...
  12. Freshwater General Discussions
    For those interested in Kootenay Lake fishing and Rainbow Trout, you may be interested in our website at kootenayangler.com. We've just posted a recap of our weekend at the 2010 Woodbury Resort Rainbow derby. Enjoy! We had lots of luck trolling flies such as the "grey ghost" polar hair fly.
  13. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Sport fishing column for Oct 18 to 25, 2010 "In the best stories about fly fishing…big fish are caught, or lost; people say wild and spontaneous words; events become memory and sometimes; in the hands of a master, these bleed into art." Nick Lyons. Our BC angler's begin their years...
  14. Freshwater Professional Reports
    The last weeks have been Spey-tacular as guests were fortunate to catch the famous Steelhead Trout on the fly. With the rivers up and down in level like a frog in a frying pan the guys prevailed and never gave up. Fishing from the bush as the rivers are so high that finding a gravel bar to...
  15. Region 2 - Reports
    The last I heard it was running dirty but that was a week ago after a big rain. Just wanted to make sure it is clear before I drive up Tuesday.
  16. Region 2 - Reports
    Went to the Stave today around 3pm. Fished for three hours and it was really good. Between my friend and I we managed to hook seven chum.
  17. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0917-RECREATIONAL - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) - Halibut - Reminder of Closure October 18 and Amendment of Variation Order Number Amendment to FN0891: Variation Order Number...
  18. Freshwater General Discussions
    FYI- DFO's note Fraser chum escapement has been trending downward over the last 11 years. Both the 2007 & 2008 escapement was estimated at 1.0M; the escapement goal for Fraser chum is 0.8 M. An estimate of the 2009 escapement is not yet available although early indications are that escapement...
  19. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0912-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Region 2 - Chilliwack River - Chum Update In the fall of 2006 a major flood event occurred after the majority of chum had spawned in the watershed likely affecting the...
1-19 of 267 Results