BC Fishing Reports banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 156 Results
  1. Saltwater Professional Reports
    We had a few days of nastier weather but it looks like the good weather has arrived staring tomorrow. The first couple days of the low seemed to chase the fish and bait away from the normal spots but the salmon are coming back. Fishing has continued to really surprise us in a good way and really...
  2. Saltwater Professional Reports
    We have had some good fishing in early April, probably consistently better than we have seen in quite a few years for both Chinook salmon and halibut. Most of the Chinook are being caught about 15 mins from the harbour in partially protected water for a northwest swell. Chinook are ranging from...
  3. Saltwater Professional Reports
    We just started our season this past weekend despite the political announcements of more shutdowns. The government did a study last year and found that there was no spread of covid on fishing boats so we are going forward with the season as planned. It seems like most people wanting an outdoor...
  4. Saltwater Professional Reports
    The halibut fishing has been the most consistent over the last few weeks. They have been on Inside and Outside Lighthouse bank, Outside South and Big Bank. They seem to be biting all times of the day. The Chinook fishing has continued to be spotty. Some days have been hot, but there have been...
  5. Saltwater General Discussions
    Here is the last morning video report from our last day. Chinook Salmon Fishing Ucluelet British Columbia with Anchovies along the Lighthouse and Little Beach Shoreline. It was our last morning out fishing and we only had a few hours before check out. So we got out earlier than the previous...
  6. Saltwater Professional Reports
    Fishing Recap Ucluelet BC 2015 Every year we spend time trying to figure out what the next summer is going to bring. We look at the DFO forecast for local Vancouver Island rivers and of course the forecast for all the rivers south of us. Some years the forecast is inconclusive with some good...
  7. Saltwater Professional Reports
    Chinook fishing has been decent inside Barkley Sound in the 5-12 lb range mostly. Hotspots include Vernon Bay, Sail Rock, Kirby, Beg and Great Bear. This time of year there are usually a few halibut around Sail Rock and in a few spots inside Barkely Sound. The early season is the time we also do...
  8. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hey guys, I recently had the chance to fly fish on the upper Shuswap River above Sugar Lake and fell in love with the setting. After a bit of research I found out that there are actually salmon that spawn here and thus offer a great fishery, of course, they cant make it past the Shuswap falls...
  9. Saltwater Professional Reports
    Chinook Fishing As forecasted the BCChinook are starting to show up in great numbers. The past few yearsChinook fishing has been pretty good, but now fishing is literallybonkers! Our catches have been in the expected 10-25lb range, andthat is just the start. The commercial fleet is usually...
  10. Saltwater Professional Reports
    Fishing Report October 21, 2013 Fishing has slowed down for the season and the weather made it tough to get out most of the days in late September and early October. The weather recently has been beautiful though Salmon Eye Charters have pulled all their boats for the season and will start...
  11. Saltwater General Discussions
    A few years back my father, who was suffering from late stage prostate cancer, really wanted to go fishing and had saved up enough to rent a boat out of Pedder Bay. So I managed to weasel a day off. Knowing that he would insist upon the "standard 40' or 80' on the down rigger" and the pinks and...
  12. Freshwater General Discussions
    I got a theory for just about everything, and a new one popped up into my head this weekend out on the Vedder... About 3 hours into my morning of casting (which started right on the click of legal 'first light') and at around the same time I was gently removing yet another #2 barbless from the...
  13. Region 1 - Reports
    I just got back from fishing the Puntledge and WOW! I hooked into 50 or more chums each day and the odd older chinook. I pretied a bunch of jigs using the DIY jig packs from Bentrods and I could not keeper the chums off them. Biggest fish I landed and kept was 18lbs without the guts and gills. I...
  14. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Hello everyone, hope you had a great fall of catching fish. September saw a huge push of fall Chinook in the Fraser Valley and our guides had some great days fishing spinners on the Fraser and other systems for these hard fighting large fall Chinook. The odd chromer is still entering the...
  15. Saltwater General Discussions
    Fishermen in the Gulf of Alaska have accidentally caught an estimated 58,336 king salmon this year, an unprecedented level of bycatch that could lead to new fishing restrictions. In recent years the Gulf of Alaska’s bycatch numbers have hovered around 20,000 fish. This year’s numbers surprised...
  16. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0941-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Region 2 - Chehalis River, Harrison River, Stave River and Nicomen Slough - Chum Update Region 2 Further to FN0930 and FN0931 the coastwide returns of chum salmon have...
  17. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0931-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Area 29 and Region 2 - Fraser River - Chum Update - Amendment to FN0930 Amendment to FN0930: Daily limit for marked coho corrected from four (4) per day to two (2) per...
  18. Recreational‏ - Updates & Notices
    Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0930-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Area 29 and Region 2 - Fraser River - Chum Update Fraser River: Area 29 and Region 2 To date, coastwide returns of chum salmon have been very poor and the current...
  19. Freshwater General Discussions
    Hey my son took me sturgeon fishing on Sunday Oct 18th(Langley) Great sunny day--no kiddin for October Caught my first ever sturgeon, I think 5 feet kid says 4 feet --big fish good fight for my first. Gonna take weeks to get smile off my face. Tied up and fished next to 2 other BCFR members the...
  20. Freshwater Professional Reports
    Sport fishing column for Oct 18 to 25, 2010 "In the best stories about fly fishing…big fish are caught, or lost; people say wild and spontaneous words; events become memory and sometimes; in the hands of a master, these bleed into art." Nick Lyons. Our BC angler's begin their years...
1-20 of 156 Results