BC Fishing Reports banner

Candy Fly

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  oar lord 
#1 ·
OK - so I've been doing some experimenting with epoxy and wanted to tie up some pink candy flies. I read about them in a book and the fly was invented by Art Limber (I think he's on the island). Anyway, here's my first crack at it. Does anyone know about this fly, and whether this is a reasonable representation? Please provide me your suggestions!

Thanks - FFM

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Cheers prof! Sarg - thanks - a picture or description would be great! I hear this pattern is great for pinks, but I also heard that coho will take it as well. I was fishing beside one guy who was using a candy pattern a few weeks back, and he was doing well (we all were). I should have asked to see the pattern, but figured why bother when my flies are working too. ;)

#9 ·
I've been meaning to post this but have been too busy releasing pinks lately.

http://www.fishtactics.com/ViewFlyPattern?patternID=46

It is similar to my version of the pink handlebar that I have had success with.

My fly has as a pink krystal flash tail, body over silver tinsel and wings (or legs if you point them toward the point of the hook). Size 6 or 8 streamer hook worked the best for me. But I don't think it matters too much what you use as long as it has some flash and you put it in front of the pinks.

I would take a pic but my camera got soaked and doesn't seem to work :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.