BC Fishing Reports banner

Diefenbaker Damn, Saskatchewan

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dryflyguy 
#1 ·
Another big fish !

My brother just told me about a 9.4lb Walleye he brought in and just his luck he only had one pic left on his camera, so he at least got one pic before he released the beast back
into the water.

If you guys remember earlier in the year his better half caught a 9.4lber + which they kept (and by the way the meat was very very tasty )

I guess the pressure I put on him after his better halfs retention, had a positive effect because he put his back LOL .....so now we all have a shot at a 10lber next year ...... and it will more than likely produce lots of little 10lbers for the futuer.

LET THEM GO ............................... LET THEM GROW !

Cape R
PS; Hopeing the bro wil send me a pic so I can scan it and post it

#2 ·
Sounds like fun. This summer we rented a houseboat (1 of only 2 on the lake) on Tobin lake near Nippawin, SK. Caught a few walleye all just under the 9lb mark and few smaller pike. At Tobin you have to release the fish over a certain length (54cm?) and many of those we caught were just over so back they went.

Got talking with a guy at the boat launch and he had caught a roughly 17lb Walleye the weekend before. He was still pumped!

If you get the chance I highly recommend Tobin lake. Very remote and pretty country side. Tons of big Pelican around and Cormorants. This is a great lake with great fish and they even have sturgeon.

Attachments

#3 ·
The Nipawin area is fantastic for trout too - dozens of lakes with all kinds of species. The "gems" are particularly good and as a sharp-witted friend once quipped, "You could stand in one and piss in the other" they're so close. Tiger trout, browns, brookies, splake, rainbows, you name it. Love the place, hate the bugs though. Yowza. Many of them are walk-ins and you don't have to "share" the water with anyone (except the bugs).

#4 ·
Lakes in Saskatchewan

Lots and Lots of FANTASTIC FISHING LAKES in Sasktachewan.

I spent about 20 years there and right from Regina and north of Regina the province has tons and tons of great fishing lakes all year round.

If you ever get a chance you got to fish the LITTLE BEAR LAKES just north of Prince Albert, you can catch fish all day long ; Walleye, Pike, trout !!!!

I think some day when I get the Salt (salt fishing) out of me I am going back , especially when you can buy a house in a small town near a great lake for $5,000 , not $50,000 not
$500,000. Just $5,000 (My brother just did 20 miles away from Deifenbaker Damn where the world record rainbows are caught and the hugh walleye).

Cape R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.