Home made/painted lures-flies - Page 154

Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1633

Thread: Home made/painted lures-flies

  1. #1531
    VIP Access ReelSlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Port Renfrew/Alberta
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pippen View Post
    Greg/Mike......is that a Nog's needle?
    Yep......according to Mike? lol It looks really fishy. Can't wait to try it out. They are actually bigger than I was expecting but The shape looks deadly. One last shot that you can see it a little better......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #1532
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Greg..it IS bigger and heftier than you'd think. Can't wait to tow them around..still awaiting Hmmm's paintwork..he is awaiting inspiration. He has a few to play with. Nog...Many thanks again.

  3. #1533
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Opening weekend on the west coast.
    My friend "Lucky" (surname is Luckenbach) and his crew used a few of the above spoons
    and brought home some dinner.

    Name:  LLuck.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  73.7 KB

    Name:  DLa.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  112.8 KB

    Name:  OD.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  DLb.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  127.4 KB

    Name:  3-b.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  129.5 KB

    His note: "Mike..first day out--weather was awful Saurday---was today (Sunday).
    Hooked up in 10 minutes on green/yellow spoon with scale pattern, but the boys dumped it.
    2nd, and then a LOT more-on the chrome with blue dots.
    A few on the watermelon Apex as well. HELLUVA day!- Thanks. D-
    Last edited by BigfishMike; 04-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    Be well, make friends, catch fish.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #1534
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Scotty--Matt--Kevin--Mike--TK--Gord--and anyone else who has--or is getting some of the
    "Apex"--

    Do like so...

    Cut the swivel OFF the towbar---just rig it with a leader and have a swivel at the top end.
    Swivel can't be easily removed here--so just snip it off--and tie right onto the eye where the swivel was.
    After listenning to Nog and Hmmmm--it made a lotta sense.

    Lucky in the post above did NOT---but overall, I think the action will improve.

    Thanks for the input boys--

    Name:  Towbar-a.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  60.5 KB
    Last edited by BigfishMike; 04-06-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    Be well, make friends, catch fish.

  6. #1535
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    From my Buddy "Lucky" aboard his Cabo off Half Moon Bay, Ca.

    "Fished Saturday--action was sparse, but we finally found some fish...boated two. A young teen on a hoochie and this nice fish on the bad boy green and yellow prism. I'm going to want a few more of these for my buddies! DL"

    Name:  GY.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  89.2 KB

    Name:  DL-1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  88.6 KB
    Be well, make friends, catch fish.

  7. #1536
    Contributing Member Samnjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kamloops
    Posts
    513
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 162 Times in 108 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Your spoons are becoming legendary buddy!!
    We will be soaking a few in Winter Harbor 2nd week of June.

  8. #1537
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samnjoe View Post
    Your spoons are becoming legendary buddy!!
    We will be soaking a few in Winter Harbor 2nd week of June.
    Thanks pal. TK is sending yours--he has them in Chilliwack.
    You, Scotty, Mikey and a few others all have these in your care packages.

    My big production for the year is done--several lodges bought them for derbies, and I did
    54 six-packs for our lodge trip. Every guest and crew member will get one.

    Now I can concentrate on doing a few small runs of custom stuff that my buddies will be getting.

    See you at the lodge week of July 27 again?
    Last edited by BigfishMike; 04-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Be well, make friends, catch fish.

  9. #1538
    Contributing Member stsfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chilliwack
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,086
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 196 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigfishMike View Post
    Scotty--Matt--Kevin--Mike--TK--Gord--and anyone else who has--or is getting some of the
    "Apex"--

    Do like so...

    Cut the swivel OFF the towbar---just rig it with a leader and have a swivel at the top end.
    Swivel can't be easily removed here--so just snip it off--and tie right onto the eye where the swivel was.
    After listenning to Nog and Hmmmm--it made a lotta sense.

    Lucky in the post above did NOT---but overall, I think the action will improve.

    Thanks for the input boys--

    Name:  Towbar-a.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  60.5 KB

    Hey Mike,

    I do see what or why this would seem to be a good idea to loose the swivel. However I have fished this lure now twice and do like the action it gives with the swivel in place. On both occasions it has caught fish just the way you sent it. On the second outing TK ran one with the swivel off, it semed to have not as good of action untill we brought the trolling speed up.
    Of course length of leader will play a role in the action too, so more days trying different ways of rigging will tell the story eventually. Will keep you posted on the findings.
    i fish therefor i am

  10. #1539
    Contributing Member BigfishMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deer Valley
    Posts
    4,346
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 598 Times in 402 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsfisher View Post
    Hey Mike,

    I do see what or why this would seem to be a good idea to loose the swivel. However I have fished this lure now twice and do like the action it gives with the swivel in place. On both occasions it has caught fish just the way you sent it. On the second outing TK ran one with the swivel off, it semed to have not as good of action untill we brought the trolling speed up.
    Of course length of leader will play a role in the action too, so more days trying different ways of rigging will tell the story eventually. Will keep you posted on the findings.
    Gord..good stuff--thanks!

    I never for a second envisioned these being towed around a lake for trout, but whatthehell!

    I appreciate the report---TK sent a photo..nice cuttie took it. Good stuff boys-
    Be well, make friends, catch fish.

  11. #1540
    Contributing Member stsfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chilliwack
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,086
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 196 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigfishMike View Post
    Gord..good stuff--thanks!

    I never for a second envisioned these being towed around a lake for trout, but whatthehell!

    I appreciate the report---TK sent a photo..nice cuttie took it. Good stuff boys-

    Always more than one way to skin a cat! These last couple of years have been fun pulling the creations you and TK come up with, and have almost forced me to put away the "go to lures".
    i fish therefor i am

Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. what kind of lures should i use for coho and and lures for chum
      By jling in forum Freshwater Tackle Talk!
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
    2. Home made smoker
      By fetoid in forum Freshwater General Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 05-13-2011, 05:47 PM
    3. Home made roof racks ?
      By Salty in forum OFF Topic
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
    4. Tube Flies Vs. Regular Hook Flies for Steelhead
      By anthony in forum Fly Fishing Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 01-17-2008, 01:11 AM
    5. home made spinners/spoons?
      By coho_killer in forum Freshwater General Discussion
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •