BC Fishing Reports banner

Interior Ice On

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Big Green Machine 
#1 ·
Headed up to Jackpine Lake today to drown some Gomphus and Boatmen and the lake had two inches of ice already. The elevation is 1300 meters, so dropped down to a couple of other lakes at 1100 meters and 75% of those lakes were iced over. I would have needed an ice breaker on the bow to fish the more productive spots so headed home and sulked but got no sympathy from the wife and eggs.

See less See more
#2 ·
that's ok, i'll give you sympathy.

although, as my coworker says, sympathy falls between sh#t and syphillis.

i already miss the interior. been too busy with work, family and some health issues so i only fished the interior twice this year as opposed to 4-6 times a year.

#3 ·
I hear ya, that's why I moved back from POCO in 2004. Stopped by the log booms on Westside Road outside Kelowna and there were at least 6 guys fishing off them. I stopped and had a look and the two fellas I spoke to had caught Kokanee, Rainbow and Burbot! Good fishing but gotta be careful on the booms as they are slippery and they shift all the time. They were using bait, shrimp and maggots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.