Howe Sound Feeders

Thread: Howe Sound Feeders

Thanks

Default Howe Sound Feeders

I'm gonna drop some Prawn/Crab traps this weekend both days and pull some winter chinook gear around while they soak. I will be trolling the usual areas but could someone give me some direction on locating the area known as the "waterfall". I have heard recent reports for the area but I don't think they are in reference to the Gabriola side. Is there an area referred to the "waterfall" in Howe Sound as well?

Thanks

I believe the North Side of Bowen Island around Hutt Island has a small waterfall dropping into the Ocean and Locals refer to it as the Waterfall.

Thanks

I haven't fished around Hutt yet but where ever you put your traps, don't be far away from them. There's thieves about!

Having said that, I have yet to find a decent crabbing area in Howe Sound. Prawns? No problem. Crabs? Where are the little devils?

Anyone know of a good area around Bowen or Hutt? Not exact, I realize as you want to keep your 'special' area to yourself but an area in general would be nice.
    Hoping to go out in the next week or two, weather dependant.
    29' Campion
    Twin Mercs i/o

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I'm gonna drop some Prawn/Crab traps this weekend both days and pull some winter chinook gear around while they soak. I will be trolling the usual areas but could someone give me some direction on locating the area known as the "waterfall". I have heard recent reports for the area but I don't think they are in reference to the Gabriola side. Is there an area referred to the "waterfall" in Howe Sound as well?
    Their is a small waterfall between Potlach and McNabb creek and 1 in Anvil Island but don't recall one on Bowen and Hutt is too small to have one. Do you mean Gambier Island because their is a waterfall on Gambeir across from Port Mellon. Trolling between Hutt and Bowen used to be good but I have no idea now a days. Watch your sounder if you do try because their are some shoals where the it goes from about 150 feet up to 50 to 90 feet. Herring strip and cut -plugs were the key baits to use.

Quote Originally Posted by dwleo View Post
    I haven't fished around Hutt yet but where ever you put your traps, don't be far away from them. There's thieves about!

Having said that, I have yet to find a decent crabbing area in Howe Sound. Prawns? No problem. Crabs? Where are the little devils?

Anyone know of a good area around Bowen or Hutt? Not exact, I realize as you want to keep your 'special' area to yourself but an area in general would be nice.
    Hoping to go out in the next week or two, weather dependant.
    You have to watch out for both kinds of thieves when fishing this area, the water dogs use to be a huge problem too.

Thanks

Its gabriola between entrance island and thrasher. But closer to entrance

Thanks

Thanks for the input everyone. Spent Last weekend camping at Porteu. Fished a few hours around Defence islands while the traps soaked. No fish but got a few good size crab and about 70 Spots. Threw back 5-10 with berrys. Probably try Van Harbour next saturday...

Thread Information