Cuba bound...

Thread: Cuba bound...

Retired staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 467 Posts

Default Cuba bound...

Ok...Cuba, 2 weeks, February next year. It's a family trip but I fully intend on making sure I take 4-10 of those days off fishing. I am not looking for extravagance, I am looking for Guide advice, cost efficiency, DYI info, bonefish, tarpon, permit, baracuda and the like.

First hand info and useful advice is very much appreciated...I am also specifically interested in flexibility of schedule in any guide I book. I might not do 5 days straight for example, but 5 days here and there and so forth.

Pics are a bonus!

Thanks,

Thanks

Scouting the area first week of November. If you want to borrow some pool cues just say the word.

Thanks

Hey Ribby,
    Are u leaning to Cuba because of the fishing and tag teaming a holiday into it? I've been looking at something similar in the next year and have done a lot of reading about the Mayan Riviera...there's a lodge down that way as well. I'll be watching this thread to see the results and what you decide to go with.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

VIP Access
    Thanks

We are close to Cuba, but have had travel bans for decades. Proceed with caution and someday our relations with Cuba will improve, sounds as if they are slowly getting better now. Thanks. Salt.

Retired staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarg View Post
    Scouting the area first week of November. If you want to borrow some pool cues just say the word.
    For sure Sarg, looking forward to your scouting report and will definitely take you up on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraserking View Post
    Hey Ribby,
    Are u leaning to Cuba because of the fishing and tag teaming a holiday into it? I've been looking at something similar in the next year and have done a lot of reading about the Mayan Riviera...there's a lodge down that way as well. I'll be watching this thread to see the results and what you decide to go with.....
    Hey Fraserking, my parents are long retired now and have been traveling to Cuba every year. The plan was made for brother and his wife, and me and mine to join them for a couple of weeks and this was done independently of the fishing...of course I knew there was some good fishing to be had, so it did register in the back of my mind when I was thinking about what it would be like to spend a couple weeks vacationing with family...I knew without a doubt i would be needing to find some way top escape from time to time...bonefish on the flats sounds like a great way to do that from where I stand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by South Texas Salt View Post
    We are close to Cuba, but have had travel bans for decades. Proceed with caution and someday our relations with Cuba will improve, sounds as if they are slowly getting better now. Thanks. Salt.
    Hey Salt! thanks for the advice, will definitely heed it. I am hoping the only caution I will need is while wading and stalking schools of fish...!

Anyone with first hand info to add on flyfishing in cuba, chime in...everything helps!

Thread Information