Best Bass Fishing BC

Thread: Best Bass Fishing BC

Thanks

Default Best Bass Fishing BC

I was lucky enough to get my Bassboat on Silvermere Lake Saturday. The water was pretty much 58 degrees all over the lake. The Bass were feeding actively. We boated 14 Largemouths up to 3 pounds on everything from crankbaits to jigs and dropshots. Most bites came from 2 to 4 feet with the ocassional topwater bite when my crankbait was just sitting there. Needless to say it's only gonna get better from now on!!! Big Bass season is right around the corner.

Guyle

Name:  silvermere.JPG
Views: 546
Size:  31.4 KB
    Last edited by Rib; 04-29-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling corrections & remove link

Thanks

Cool. I guess for all of your crankbaits, etc you need to use a single barbless hook? Some of those top water baits come with 2 trebble hooks on them. Not to mention many long rapalas have 3 trebble hooks.
    I like bass fishing. Just did a quick search, and it appears that you were indeed lucky to get on that lake with your boat, as many people of debated over the right to access that body of water.

Thanks

Interested to know where you launched. I have a couple of customers on that lake and they are always complaining about non-residents fishing it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I launch from my buddies yard. It's private and I am lucky! There are some quality bass in there. I've seen them over 7 pounds.

Thanks

A buddy and I fished Silvermere pretty well every weekend last summer. You can launch from the west side along the highway with a cartopper but it is rough going. Yes they claim the lake is private but there is no such thing really in Canada. You can control the access to a lake, you can technically own the land under a lake but you cannot own the water itself. Lafarge owns the land under Silvermere, (it was once their gravel pit). They then sold lots on the lake and some of the “sales people” involved told potential buyers the lake was private, which it is not really, because there is public highway access. Lawsuits ensued, but the fact is it is not private. Douglas Lake Ranch has some “private lakes”, because they own the access but you could legally land a float plane on them without trespassing.

Like I said we fished it all last summer, but we also showed some respect and stayed away from the cabin side, and out of the locals way. We did talk to quite a few of the locals and they were nothing but friendly every time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zack For This Useful Post:

Big Green Machine (04-29-2013)

Thanks

It's people casting in under their docks while their kids are swimming that is usually complained about.

Retired Administrator Big Green Machine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    A buddy and I fished Silvermere pretty well every weekend last summer. You can launch from the west side along the highway with a cartopper but it is rough going. Yes they claim the lake is private but there is no such thing really in Canada. You can control the access to a lake, you can technically own the land under a lake but you cannot own the water itself. Lafarge owns the land under Silvermere, (it was once their gravel pit). They then sold lots on the lake and some of the “sales people” involved told potential buyers the lake was private, which it is not really, because there is public highway access. Lawsuits ensued, but the fact is it is not private. Douglas Lake Ranch has some “private lakes”, because they own the access but you could legally land a float plane on them without trespassing.

Like I said we fished it all last summer, but we also showed some respect and stayed away from the cabin side, and out of the locals way. We did talk to quite a few of the locals and they were nothing but friendly every time.
    Common sense, respect go a long ways!

Qualicum FN won a precedent setting Supreme Court decision granting no access to the river and land on the Big Qualicum River that passes threw their land. This means you can't even float through from an upriver access point.

Whether or not private land owners on Silvermere have the resources to take that to court seems to be in question. Unlikely would be my guess.
    "There's a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

Thread Information