STS Guiding Report For July 30

Thread: STS Guiding Report For July 30

Thanks

Default STS Guiding Report For July 30

We have been out on the water daily fishing 3 areas, Fraser River Sturgeon, Vancouver salmon and Vancouver Island Salmon and Halibut. The best fishing has been north Vancouver Island for salmon and Halibut but local waters are producing some decent Coho and Pink salmon are beginning to move in. Fraser Sturgeon has been a bit slow but that should pick up as we get closer to middle of August when more salmon move into the river. For some reason unknown to me I am not able to post my usual reports with pictures so if you would like to see a details report, please visit our website blog at http://blog.guidebc.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RA40 For This Useful Post:

flytechwarrior (07-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
    We have been out on the water daily fishing 3 areas, Fraser River Sturgeon, Vancouver salmon and Vancouver Island Salmon and Halibut. The best fishing has been north Vancouver Island for salmon and Halibut but local waters are producing some decent Coho and Pink salmon are beginning to move in. Fraser Sturgeon has been a bit slow but that should pick up as we get closer to middle of August when more salmon move into the river. For some reason unknown to me I am not able to post my usual reports with pictures so if you would like to see a details report, please visit our website blog at http://blog.guidebc.com/
    Nice flip flops
    <>< fisher of men

Thanks

My feet were so swollen I couldn't get my boots on, not sure why but it looked like something bit me, maybe a horsefly. Anyway thanks for the rip. For those of you looking for a sockeye report here is what we know so far.this is from Dave Korsch from Preditor Charters, pretty much sums it up.There is no definitive word yet with regards to an opening forrecreational anglers, but we are cautiously optimistic that an opening may bepossible this year even though 2009 was the “year of the missing Sockeye”. Itis still early in the return for the summer run fish (those we wouldpotentially have a chance to target), but Sockeye numbers are trackingsignificantly higher this year than they did in either 2009 or 2005 (the lasttwo years in this cycle.....where we didn’t get an opening....). ThePacific Salmon Commission has their pre-season forecast numbers for both theearly Stuarts and the early summer runs, so my fingers are crossed. Iwould think we will get an indication from them within a week or so whether ornot we will have an opening. Hopefully the summer runs track in higherthan the pre-season forecast as well, and we get an opening for a coupleweeks.....even if they reduce the limit to 2 fish per day from the usual4. Anglers in Vancouver Harbour have already been inadvertently catchingand releasing Sockeye while targeting Coho and Pinks, so there are definitelysome around already.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Water is dropping fast on the Fraser and clarity looks really good for Bar Fishing. I would suggest fishing the Chilliwack area on bars like Wellington, Queens or Harrison Bar. Numbers of sockeye in the river increased in the last 24 hours and Natives in the canyon are getting 50 per hour in their nets yesterday afternoon. If these numbers continue we may see a rec opening by middle of August. Vedder River has quite a few sockeye in the river with a few Chinook mixed in but it is not open for retention of sockeye so please release all sockeye with care. There was a report of a few anglers fishing the Limit hole which is closed to fishing which makes us all look bad. I will try to keep this thread going and update you as needed, any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected]
    Last edited by RA40; 08-05-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks

Some Excellent sturgeon fishing the past few days, most of the fish we are catching on feeding on Sockeye bellies and other salmon parts. Although the action is not fast and furious we are landing some large fish. Our Ocean boat was out Fishing on the weekend and caught a beauty 28lb Chinook and a pile of Pinks just outside of the north arm of the Fraser. The Belly Buoy/T10 area is producing some nice fish and this should only get better over the next few weeks. The Fraser has been slow but I would expect it to pick up as more fish move into the river, STS Guide Tom Pearce did land a nice Chinook Bar Fishing just above Harrison River Mouth. For those of you who fish the Pitt River, fishing has been very good for salmon and Bull Trout.

Thread Information