BC Fishing Reports banner

Homosassa 8/30 Offshore with forum brothers

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  troutman57 
#1 ·
Lee (LiquidAsset337) asked me to join Wille and himself for a trip offshore to dig up some grouper. He wanted to learn the tricks finding productive bottom with his equipment. We chose today as the best day to head out and we shoved off at 7:15. The forecast was a good bit off with head seas 2-3 foot. We took our time and ran to an area that I knew i could find good bottom. about 9:45 we were in 50' looking for some live bottom. We made 3 moves over the next 3 hours and had our limit of grouper all reds along with one gag. The reds were all over 22" and many in the 24-26 inch range and the gag was only 27". Threadfin Herring and several types of cut bait on Carolina rigs did the trick today. A couple small 4' bull shark took our baits but other than them and a couple grunts it was all grouper. Lee is a great guy to fish with and has a sweet, fuel efficient ride. Wille is also a blast to fish with as this was the second time he has made the trip from Jacksonville to fish with me.

Lee with a fatty red.

Another nice pile of grouper

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.