BAD Chilliwack fishing store practice!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BAD Chilliwack fishing store practice!!!

Reports Access
    Thanks

If I went to a tackle store in a different country and was handed a lure that had a barbed treble hook on it I would be like "cool man, thanks. By the way , are these legal here because I am not allowed to fish with them at home" Regardless of what his answer was I would make sure to leave the store with a copy of the regs. You wouldn't go to Home Depot and take the guy's advice on how to repair your plumbing without doing some of your own research would you?

Thanks

If the sales person at the store was smart, they would inform the person and suggest a packet of single hooks to go along with their lure purchase. They would be doing the right thing, and be making MORE money. Not all people in this world have common sense, just look at the riverbank.
    Jason Craig – Administrator
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flytechwarrior For This Useful Post:

Hendy (09-10-2013), klessig (09-10-2013), scissorbill (09-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therizzis View Post
    If I went to a tackle store in a different country and was handed a lure that had a barbed treble hook on it I would be like "cool man, thanks. By the way , are these legal here because I am not allowed to fish with them at home" Regardless of what his answer was I would make sure to leave the store with a copy of the regs. You wouldn't go to Home Depot and take the guy's advice on how to repair your plumbing without doing some of your own research would you?
    Yes and no, depending on how the lure was presented to the angler. The sales person could have said something like "use this, it'll do the job!". It should be up to the store to do the right thing and inform people of the regs regardless. AND it should be up to the angler to know the regs as well, double coverage is a good thing.

If I owned a store, I would make sure my staff knows the regulations and preached the regulations on a regular basis.
    Jason Craig – Administrator
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flytechwarrior For This Useful Post:

Hendy (09-10-2013)

6. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

It is very unfortunate.

Maybe the sales person was having an off day and forgot to mention it?

However, if it's the store I think it is, I have not had very good dealings there either. At the very least, copies of the regulations should be offered up with purchases, or a simple "are you aware of the fishing regulations?"

There are some tackle stores out there that have actually offered to switch out the hook for me upon purchase.

Reports Access
    Thanks

I think the biggest point to this is... 2 responsible fisherman enter a well known store in Chilliwack and asked to be set up with what they need to fish pinks in the Vedder... The "salesperson" hands them a lure with a big ass 3 prong hook and says "this will them"
    COME ON!!! yes its up to the fisherman to read and understand the regs... But you are a tackle shop promoting the sport, and responsible fishing.

For example... My first time in Pacific Angler (Main and Broadway in Vancouver) they sold me a coho killer... before even asking he opened it, cut off the 3 prong and attached the proper sized single hook and pinched the barb... NOW thats a responsible fishing store with ethics. I suggest boycotting this store in Chilliwack... You all know the one...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xshopowner For This Useful Post:

zap brannigan (09-10-2013)

Reports Access
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seafever View Post
    You could cut two barbs off with a Dremel...
    For sure... But don't think the Irishmen thought to pack their dremel... just saying...lol

Reports Access
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marrington03 View Post
    It is very unfortunate.

Maybe the sales person was having an off day and forgot to mention it?

However, if it's the store I think it is, I have not had very good dealings there either. At the very least, copies of the regulations should be offered up with purchases, or a simple "are you aware of the fishing regulations?"

There are some tackle stores out there that have actually offered to switch out the hook for me upon purchase.
    "Forgot" to mention you can't use a 3 prong hook Come on!

VIP Access
    Thanks

Its always good to check the regs before you fish any body of water. Whether the fishing store tells you one thing or another. Wasn't there a thread on this no more than a month ago. Your responsible for knowing the regs, and getting proper clarification on the regs by your local CO. I understand this guy was from out of town so he might not know where those resources are know, but with how many foreign people we have in BC how is the tackle store supposed to know.
    It makes sense to educate their staff, but i have never been told to switch out the hooks at any store. Although i don't buy things that have treble hooks on it anymore. It seems as though people are coming to the age where they can't think for themselves. Its not the responsibility of everyone else to tell you what you can and can't do all the time.

Reports Access
    Thanks

Its called good customer service... Which that store does NOT have... Thats why the 8 or so thousand I've spent on gear over the last couple years goes to stores like Pacific Angler or Michael and Young where they spend the time to give you advice and help... not just sell you rotten roe and rush you out the door.
    The first time I walked in that store I had never used a float set up. I asked how to use the stoppers and was told in a real douchebag way "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJKU View Post
    Its always good to check the regs before you fish any body of water. Whether the fishing store tells you one thing or another. Wasn't there a thread on this no more than a month ago. Your responsible for knowing the regs, and getting proper clarification on the regs by your local CO. I understand this guy was from out of town so he might not know where those resources are know, but with how many foreign people we have in BC how is the tackle store supposed to know.
    It makes sense to educate their staff, but i have never been told to switch out the hooks at any store. Although i don't buy things that have treble hooks on it anymore. It seems as though people are coming to the age where they can't think for themselves. Its not the responsibility of everyone else to tell you what you can and can't do all the time.

Thanks

Ok out the window with everything. With this day and age of internet and the license and gear is all bought
    on line.........NOW WHAT ? Almost half of all purchases and info is going to be ,if it isnt already,going to be
    at our fingertips.
    Life with out fish....there would be no life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information