BC Fishing Reports banner

Not sure I could troll behind this.....but you never know!!

9K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  arrgh! 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Thanks for the heads up xshopowner!

Unfortunately I am largely a "salty" so all I have in the "gun case" is an 8wt. I know there are sea doos and other toys to use so may have to give it a whirl!

REALLY looking forward to the trip as I've heard nothing but great things!

#9 ·
I actually work for a Mediterranean travel company and spend tons of time in Turkey in case you have any questions about the country

Perfect!!! I do have a question as I have been reading online and trying to figure out what currency to take? I have heard to take Euro's and US $ and get Lira out of the ATM's once I get there?

Read some stuff on trip advisor and saw people saying all sorts of things about which currency. Will definitely take Euro's as the boat is billed in Euro's....not sure if we'll be doing any "shore leave" but if we do not sure if Lira is the best way to go?

#10 ·
Take Euros for the ship but for anything you buy on land use Lira. You get a way better deal. Forget the US$ They'll just think your American and they love canadians way more the the yanks..lol
Make sure you have a 4 digit pin number (for anywhere in Europe) The red bank machines are the best to get cash with a canadian debit card. Some of the other bank machines even though they "plus" or "interlink" don't seem to work all the time. You'll love Turkey, the people are super friendly, fun people who love to share stories, drinks tobacco with friendly tourists. Its probably one of the safest places to travel in the world

#18 ·
As I sit here sipping my Turkish coffee looking out at Greece this morning.....I am excited to see the heavy duty saltwater rods gigged up with Zukers that we'll be trolling today as we sail further south!!

Mind you I was giddy when climbing aboard yesterday and saw the fishing gear!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.