Will you Purchase your fishing licence online?

View Poll Results: When your current fishing licence expires, will you:

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purchase online when my current licence runs out

16 37.21%
  • Go to the tackle store to purchase instead

27 62.79%
  • Not purchase any licence when current licence runs out

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will you Purchase your fishing licence online?

Reports Access
    Thanks

Default Will you Purchase your fishing licence online?

Thanks

Default Re: Will you Purchase your fishing licence online?

It's already June and the licenses expired March 31st. I would think that everybody would already have theirs?

Thanks

i think the poll is referring to the fact they want to make buying your licence online available April 1st 2008 im pretty sure is the idea

me personally i will continue to go to the tackle shop to get mine as i enjoy the discussions i have as im a regular at the shops i use. and i usually buy my licence and tags at Micheal & Young and they know me pretty good there

just remember that tackle shops get a percentage of cost from licences at least that way we help out our shops we love so much. if you buy it online it goes to noone but the gov't

my HOOK

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I went to Riverside and met the guys up there for the first time and bought mine.

If I would have used the online feature, I never would have met them.

Great guys up there!!!
    Like the canary in the coalmine, salmon are our indicator species

Reports Access
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HOOK
    just remember that tackle shops get a percentage of cost from licences at least that way we help out our shops we love so much. if you buy it online it goes to noone but the gov't
    Very good point, Hook. To confirm what percentage the tackle shop gets, I called Eagle Eye and they confirmed that they get about $1 a licence. So all in all - it would be a better choice to support your local tackle shop, would it not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HOOK
    Most of the shops I knwo are REALLY looking forward to the licenses being available on-line. They consider the completion of a license to be a royal p.i.t.a. and not worth the commission.

Also, as an fyi, I have heard that the on-line licenses will be available this fall rather than next spring

Thanks

Very good point, Hook. To confirm what percentage the tackle shop gets, I called Eagle Eye and they confirmed that they get about $1 a licence. So all in all - it would be a better choice to support your local tackle shop, would it not?
    I agree that it is a good idea to support th local shops. God knows I wish I had shares in Sea-Run, 'cause I think I've paid for about 10% of it.

Strictly from a business perspective (and assuming that there are no incidental purchases),most shops calculate that they need 10 minutes to complete each license and all the other associated administration. This means that the gov't is paying them $6.00 an hour to complete the licenses. That is not even minimum wage.

VIP Access
    Thanks

I would definitely buy online, I love going to the fishin' store and yackin with the guys there but the time it takes to stand behind two or three people who are getting there licences (just go into A&N during the sockey gong show and you'll know what I mean) makes me a tiny bit impatient

Retired staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 467 Posts

I renew right away each year. Will continue to do so, in various shops, not online, as I usually stock up on lots of fresh gear then too...I do however feel that the option to purchase licenses online is a great idea and am sure many anglers will take advantage of it's convenience.

Thanks

My question is whether or not the sign up procedure is secure online? I read the blurb about InternetSecure Inc. or something like that, but when I proceed to the signup page where they ask you to enter all sorts of personal information that would be just a gold mine for identity thieves, the usual padlock symbol on the lower right corner of my window doesn't show up.

This is the major obstacle that is preventing me from getting my online Tidal fishing license right now...I wonder if: 1) the procedure really is secure and I just don't know it, and 2) if the Non-Tidal system that will later be offered is the same as the Tidal one or different? If anyone can clarify this for me that would be great...otherwise it's a call to the government agency for answers, I guess. Here's the link to the sign-up page for the online Tidal fishing license: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish..._Tidal_Licence

:beerchug:
    Nothing sexier than a hook dressed in fur and feathers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information