Fishing Cabo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Cabo

Thanks

Default Fishing Cabo

Going to be down in Cabo San Lucas area middle of February for just over a week. We are planning on chartering a fishing boat for a couple of days. Was hoping someone on this site has found a good one...... There will be four of us going out. Thinking tuna one day and maybe Wahoo, Dorado and Marlin another. Any tips or names of a good guide, vessel would be appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks

PM sent, Hooky

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tofinoguy For This Useful Post:

hooky  (12-29-2013), Rib (12-29-2013)

Retired staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 467 Posts

Hooky...you will also find some more threads on the subject towards the bottom of your screen in the "similar threads" section...its a little ways above "tags" and below "thread information".

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Good luck out there Hooky! I got news over the holidays that my brother and sister-in-law's destination wedding will be down in Cabo next November. We'll be there for a week and I'll be looking into a guide for at least one day, two if I can get away with it, lol. Ill be looking forward to any report you might be able to give us upon your return!

Thanks

Never heard back from him

I live in San Jose and have good intel if anyone is looking

Thanks

I'm going down for a week starting Feb 6th. I'm bringing a 10.5 Gloomis SAR1266 heavy bait casting rod, 12' surf rod, 7' sturgeon rod and I have a bag of tackle with all sorts of plugs, metals, hootchies, hooks, flashers, variety of lines, leaders, a little of everything I could think of that might work. We fished yellowtail & small tuna last year in Hautulco chasing them around by watching the birds crash into the surface after baitfish. That was a lot of fun and for the size of the fish, the fought extremely hard. After chartering a large boat, we went out for a 8 hour trolling trip without much success at all, only catching a few sierras. I later met a local and he was able to take me out in his small 16' boat for 4 trips and it was very cheap for me. ($ 110). We would get close to the bait fish splashing on the surface and throw hootchies with a 1.5 oz bullet weight in the head and reel fast and pump the rod while bringing it in. Caught a pile of them! Depending on what's going on with the Fishing Reports will likely dictate what I will try for. I hope there are still some yellow fin biting so I can try for them, but I do expect to catch Sierra & yellowtail, especially towards the cape side. I hope to get out in a boat for a few days, but am going to try some surf casting as well (which I haven't tried before). We are staying at the Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas. Any idea if beach fishing would be worth trying there? Any advice on charters that you think would be worth going with or other fishing advise. I would just love to meet another local with a smaller boat that would be willing to take me out on the water. I just want to get out and cast some hooks around like last year. You never know what you might catch.

Thanks

Slow year for the yellowfins. Lots of striper marlin being caught on the charters sight casting with live bait

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tofinoguy For This Useful Post:

Davis (01-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tofinoguy View Post
    Slow year for the yellowfins. Lots of striper marlin being caught on the charters sight casting with live bait
    That sounds like a blast! Post up some pics!

Thanks

Thanks for the info on Yellowfin and Striped Marlin TG. I plan on getting after some stripers too and put a little time in for Yellowfin if possible. We are going with another couple that haven't fished much in the past, but I will do my best to get out as much as possible.
    Have you fished for yellowtail at all this year? I would think they should be starting to bite more in the next while.

Thanks

Sorry guys,

going down next week, all booked to fish the 18th on the ""go deep". Might even hit it again if I can work it. Will post when get back, just talked with them today, apparently, tuna and stripped marlin fishing has been good and the weather is good, of course that can all change but stoked about getting out soon! Tofino Guy thanks again! I will post picks hopefully when we get back. Would really like to get into some yellowfin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information