Saltwater Report:

The fishing in the harbour has been pretty spotty over the holidays. There have been a few days with no action, a few days with some undersize, and a few days with some undersize and some keepers! What can I say, it is local winter chinook fishing. That being said, we have definitely noticed more "just" sub-legal fishing showing up this week. By this I mean fair numbers of 20-23 inch fish.

Combing through the journals of years past, I am confident some bigger fish are going to show up this week. For instance, this coming week last year, Eddie was into 6 keeper fish in one tide change. As usual, the best area has been the mouth of the Capilano on the flood tide and close to the bottom. On the ebb tide anglers have been fishing the QB, or out in the freighters, again, close to the bottom.

Productive spoons have been on the small side, like 3.0 Irish Cream, or Coho Killers in the Irish Cream and Yellow Tail colours. It looks like the rain is going to back off for the weekend and so is the wind, so take advantage of this break in the weather to get out there.

Note: Over the weekend we heard of some good fishing off the south end of Bowen Island with some legal winters put in the box.

Read Full Pacific Angler Fishing Report

Tight Lines,

Pacific Angler
www.pacificangler.ca
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca
Facebook

Contact Pacific Angler using [email protected] or 778-788-8582 for all your charter and guided fresh or saltwater trip information!