Fraser River is in great shape, not much to report aswe are taking a winter break from sturgeon fishing. As I have mentioned beforeif you are looking to get out we would be happy to go out and target sturgeonfor the mark recapture study. This means that we would scan and tag all fishcaught and focus on some of the know areas that produce good results.
Name:  Josh Allan.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  142.0 KB

For those of you that are interested in sturgeon on theFraser and fish sturgeon yourselves, there are some new proposed sturgeonangling regulations that are currently being discussed through the new SCAATgroup ( South Coast Angling Advisory Team) which I have a seat on and representangling guides. If you would like to comment on them, I would be happy toreceive your e-mails. below I have included 3 new proposed regulation changesfor region 2 sturgeon angling.

1- Night closure: currently there is no night fishing forsalmon permitted, this would extend to sturgeon as well. Rational is that mostof the poaching that occurs on sturgeon is at night time.

2- Extending use of finfish parts (e.g. headless finfish) asbait into other waters in lower mainland (e.g. Pitt and Harrison Rivers): alsoneeds
more discussion, rational is that we currently are allowedto use headless finfish in the Fraser but soon as you cross into Harrison orPitt, regulations change. We are fishing for same fish so makes no sense tohave different regulation, also simplifies regulations.

3- Lifting of large sturgeon out of the water. Similarregulations in effect in other jurisdictions that do not allow this. Rationalis that currently the Best Handling Practices is being used by DFO and MOE as aguideline for sturgeon handling, this would make it law and a chargeableoffense.

Looking forward to reading your comments and opinions.

Vedder River Steelhead fishing has improved over thepast week, Oliver was out several days with good success and has provided uswith this report.
Name:  CAM00272.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  145.0 KB

After a full week of slow fishing, this week has reallypicked up. I have hooked fish from lickman to osbourne rd, todays fish was thebiggest at about 12 lbs. River conditions have been great with good visibilityup to today. The rain forecasted will likely color the river for theworse but that should be good for fishing next week as the weekend crowd willmost likely struggle with water conditions. The system will have fresh fish allthe to the upper river now so it should provide consistent fishing throughoutthe river. Best baits have been spawn sacks and roe fished under a float.Cheers Oliver.

Vancouver Saltwater fishing for winter Chinook hasremained steady, good reports coming from several areas around VancouverHarbour. Most of the fish are between 3 to 8 lbs with the odd fish in the10-12lb range, crab and prawn fishing remains excellent. Weather looks like itwill clear after Wednesday and forecast is for sun for the rest of the week andweekend. Tides are favorable so might be a good weekend for some salmonfishing.

Trade Show season is getting close with VancouverBoat Show coming up at the end of January. Although I will not be at the showthis year I will be at the BC Boat & Sportsman Show in Middle of March. Wewill also be at several shows in Alberta so stay tuned for upcoming shows anddates. I will also try to keep you up to date on what new products you canexpect to see at the show this year.

Looking forward toseeing you all at the shows this season.Have a great week.

Vic Carrao

Celebrating 20 years of Guiding Fishing Adventures 1994-2014