Bow River

Thread: Bow River

Thanks

Default Bow River

Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Calgary for a week at the end of the month. Does anybody know any easily accessible areas of the Bow river that will produce fish? Also any productive patterns that anyone knows of would be appreciated aswell. I will only be fishing in the evenings so I won't get too much fishing in. :'(

Tight Lines, Nates
    The fun is in the finding and the fishing, not in the catching and the keeping. Please practice catch and release.

VIP Access
    Thanks

Default Re: Bow River

Nates, I can offer a few spots. I just moved from there. I think you have my number. It will be easier that way

Reports Access
    Thanks

Default Re: Bow River

A great spot is Fish Creek Park at Southland Drive SE and Deerfoot Trail. The river is huge and there are tons of opportunities for walk and wading trips. As for flies, I would suggest the usual, wooly buggers, san juan worms, nymphing and the usual dry flies.

If you had the time you should check out the Carseland weir area, its about 45mins out of Calgary but wickedly productive there.

Check out these guys http://www.bowrivertroutfitters.com/

The factors that effect the Bow river are water temperature and clarity. The river can get dirty and stay dirty for a long time.

If you get into some fish they average 18" to 20" browns and rainbow. Have fun!!

Thread Information