Fishing the Hoh or Sol-Duc Rivers

Thread: Fishing the Hoh or Sol-Duc Rivers

VIP Access
    Thanks

Default Fishing the Hoh or Sol-Duc Rivers

Hi,

Anyone here know about it. I scoped it out 3 weeks ago and found some nice places to camp. I'm planning on hitting it on the long weekend. There's also a big lake on the way there that looks nice. Can't remember the name. Check out this cool site. www.washingtonlakes.com

Cheers, Rob

Thanks

Default Re: Fishing the Hoh or Sol-Duc Rivers

I have fished the Sol Duc for steelhead in the past...It is a beautiful river. You should get a copy of Rivers of Washington State and do a little work on google earth, as it is not exactly completely accesible. There are a lot of seldom used roads that feed in to the river...Lots of good camping in the area...It is subject to low water flows if the rains have not been happening, and I would check all the regs. prior to casting a line.....There is a good sports shop in Port Angeles that would be helpful, as well.....Ortho
    The "best looking" fish is the one that is released!

Thanks

Default Re: Fishing the Hoh or Sol-Duc Rivers

The Sol Duc is a truly beautiful river. Frank Amato publications has a book showing lots of good info on all the best Washington rivers. Shows maps, launches, times of year to fish, lists motels flyshops etc. The book is only a couple years old, still in print, good quality data. If you have a personal pontoon the drift from Whitcomb-Dimmel road to the Iron Bridge is a great drift. Coho and Springs right now. Steelhead in December. Hatchery first then natives in Feb/March. Walkin access is limited.

Thread Information