BC Fishing Reports banner

Mexican Fishing licence

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  rowdy01 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a way to buy a licence online, but as I don't live in the States, it is proving impossible. Anyone out there have a clue how a "Canadian" can get a Mexican fishing licence online?

I understand the regs to a good degree, but I will be in La Ventana, on the east cape. This area of Baja is not like Cabo or La Paz. I will not have the option of stopping at a licence retailer. I also realize the odds are heavily in my favour as far as not "really" needing one, but this trip will involve access to a kayak and as such much more "on water" time and thus a higher possibility of an incident.

Thanks for any tips.

-Rod

#3 ·
I know when my dad had a boat in cabo, he had 2 or 3 licenses on his boat with no names? don't really know how it worked but he got them through city hall or govt. office. As long as you had enough licenses for the people fishing you were okay. It just seems to be a cash grab, but if I was fishing in remote areas, I wouldn't want to give the federallies any reason to mess with me, because you never know. Be safe!

#5 ·
Not using an outfitter. Staying at friends place. Last time I was down their, we went out on a panga one day and the captain recommended we not worry about a licence. Very small town, a few miles north of the main East Cape areas. All the guys seem to know the local cops. My worry isn't so much me going out on a panga, it's those cops finding me alone on a boat (kayak counts the same) and then "enforcing the rules".

Thanks for anything.

#8 ·
I was down there a couple months ago. I talked with many fishermen that work down there and provide tours. You don't need a license if you fish from shore but if you are on a boat it will be required for each person on the boat. I even bought one just in case they tried to hassle me on shore because you never know who you might run into. Its always best to be safe then sorry.

I also looked online before i left to try and get one but the only options is to fill out a application for a fishing license which you can get online but you have to send it in by mail with your money. The estimated time for your license in the mail was 4-6 weeks.

Cheers,
Hax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.