Walleye fishing on Columbia R around Castlegar

Thread: Walleye fishing on Columbia R around Castlegar

Reports Access
    Thanks

Default Walleye fishing on Columbia R around Castlegar

Wondering if anyone has been out this Fall and if its getting too late to target walleye below Kinleyside dam? With the increase to 16 walleye is the fishery suffering? Thinking of maybe hitting it this weekend for a change.

Thanks

I fished below there years ago for walleye, didn't get any nibbles. Limit is 16? Wow, that would fill the freezer.
    Strangely enough, or maybe amazingly I should say, I saw a couple of non English speaking guys catch a sturgeon on lite spinning rod. They fought it for 90 minutes, then brought it in. They were trying to ask me if you could keep it (part verbal, part sign language)! LOL I informed them that no you can not.

Reports Access
    Thanks

Thanks Driller. I've fished for walleye once before about 4 yrs ago in September and did okay but was fishing the lower stretch from Beaver Creek to US border in September. Wondering about this late in October and higher up the river as i wasn't comfortable in my 17' boat running the rapids from Waneta dam back upriver as there's no channel, very shallow and fast water. Heard its slower water and deeper from Robson to Kinleyside Dam so thinking of trying that stretch but a long drive if the walleye aren't there or biting this time of year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

VIP Access
    Thanks

September has always been when I've went and the fishing is great. We fish down close to the border but I don't know how it is now. And yes it's fairly common to catch sturgeon like that. I seem to catch one ever year on a jig.

Thanks

Been fishing both Keenleyside and Waneta side for years. Things really died off about three weeks ago. October is usually the end of Walleye fishing.

Fishing for walleye picks up about July. August and September have been our best months. I fished from shore and from a boat near both sides. WE have always done better from shore on the waneta side. But having said that the water flow out of the dam has to be just right or it is really tough fishing.

Thanks

I'm heading over in a couple weeks for the first time. As an avid bass fisher and anything unique for that matter it's on the bucket list. Anyone care to share how the river flow is? fishing report? possibly places to camp? its just me and my 11yr old son bringing my 17ft Bass tracker aluminum over. Think we're geared up good with, jigs, grubs, spinner rigs, bottom walkers. Got some killer drop shot baits I'd like to experiment with if we do find these toothy critters. Kinda focusing on the Keeleyside damn area as I don't want to make the kid too nervous.

Thread Information