BC Fishing Reports banner

Will new boat prices go up in Canada this year?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Salted 
#1 ·
With the falling value of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar, will new boat purchase prices go up this year? I'm feeling like I should pull the trigger on finally buying a new boat with some dealers offering decent pricing on existing 2015 inventory. Thoughts?

-Robert

#3 ·
And also Canadian built boats. While the hull will be built and fixtures attached in Canada, those fixtures are mostly built in the US or overseas. IN addition, all Outboards (with the exception of Evinrude) are built overseas and trade in USD. No question we are about to see an inflationary period like we have not experienced since the last Trudeau was in power. (jus sayin.....)

#4 ·
Everything from rods and reels to boats and parts will go up.
If you have a line on some old (2015) and you want or need it might be time to think hard and not put it off too much.
I have nothing on my list but I do know a few things I'd like will be more expensive very soon.

#6 ·
With the falling value of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar, will new boat purchase prices go up this year? I'm feeling like I should pull the trigger on finally buying a new boat with some dealers offering decent pricing on existing 2015 inventory. Thoughts?
Hello Robert, we talked about your boat needs in the recent past. If you can find one, a previous year model of the Hewes Ocean Pro would be a fantastic decision based on your preferred layout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.