BC Fishing Reports banner

Hard Evidence

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bassrock 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
This all reminds me of the hatchery vs. wild steelhead debate… In a perfect world we could revitalize our oceans and rehabilitate our spawning grounds and all salmon could return to their yesteryear levels and there would be no need for farms. This is not our current reality; I reckon that salmon farms are here to stay. Personally I only eat wild salmon, but imagine if the whole world were this snobby? BC salmon would not stand a chance. Although I’m no biologist, I do suspect something is ‘fishy’ with some of BC’s fish farms.??? I wish they could operate with higher scrutiny towards environmental protection and long term sustainability. Too bad people like Alexandra who’s hearts are in the right place, seem to lack the ability to produce a more credible argument against the farms. IMO their video is shocking, but not informative or insightful.

my :2cents:

#9 ·
Sadly, until we sportsfishers organize and start exercising our vote & wallets to influence government, nothing is going to change. Whether it's the big money behind fish farms, or Jimmy P (and his fleets harvesting the feed fish the salmon need or just taking the salmon that survive), Christy just doesn't care about us and our industry.
To be fair, why would she worry about us. Her party did soooooo much wrong, and we (the larger we) punished them by giving them a majority. And frankly, we're on track to do it again.

#13 ·
Posting the video was a little tongue and cheek at the pseudo-science/propagandist videos posted by a professional paid protester/activist...Your exactly right this crap is everywhere. It's our responsibility to glean facts from people and organizations that aren't monetarily invested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.