Providenciales trip report.

Thread: Providenciales trip report.

Thanks

Default Providenciales trip report.

Hey folks, well we spent the weekend in Atlanta taking the kids to see the Pandas at the zoo before heading down to Provo yesterday. I will try to give an update every day or two on how the fishing has been etc...

So day 1:

R & R was on the menu, our villa is on the south end of the Island on Taylor Bay, and after a fairly busy and at times hectic travel itinerary we all agreed that lounging on Taylor Bay in the 30c sun was a must for today. I did take my fly rod down with me and cast at a couple of fishy looking turtle grass patches, I managed to hook a couple of needlefish and a small snapper at that spot. This afternoon when the tide was on the move in I went for wade and blind cast a small section of Taylor Bay and managed to land beautiful bonefish of about two pounds and a couple of fairly toothy critters that I have no idea what they were. All in all a great start to the trip and considering I only fished for maybe an hour today it was fairly productive. I am heading out for an evening fish tonight and I will make sure I carry my camera on me instead of leaving it on the beach .

On a side note checked 7 bags in Atlanta and only 6 made it to Provo, the other is currently in Punta Cana (go figure) with 2 boxes of flies and my 8wt in it. Luckily I packed another box of flies in my kids suitcase and I carried on a 6, 7 and a 10wt rods and all my reels, I don't think I will be checking the 8wt on the way home. Its funny all my clothes were in that suitcase also, and all I could think about was my rod and flies. I do have a pair of swimshorts and luckily so far the wind has been down and the 7wt was more than ample.

Hope everyone is well at home,

Cheers Bill

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-John Buchan, Lord Tweedsmuir.

Thanks

Default Re: Providenciales trip report.

I was going to say don't forget the pics but that's against the rules. Must be spring break for you aswell. We've been having some
    lovely weather. Two soccer tourneys on the weekend ended with a dump of 2-3 inches in half an hour by noon then gone before dinner.
    Have fun and we'll be looking forward to those follow ups . ;D

:beerchug: Marko
    Life with out fish....there would be no life.

Contributing Member
    Thanks

Nice Bill, can't wait to see some tropical pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BCFishingReports.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Day 2

Woke up before the rest of the family and headed out on the beach/flat that is off the edge of our Villa. The tide was just starting to go out and made things a little difficult to see any fish as I started, within an hour or so the water level was about perfect and I started to see schools. I started with a silly legged crab pattern, and hooked into more small snapper, but the bones seem to turn there noses upto it. I then swithed up to a clouser and was almost instantly into fish, although the fish I caught this morning were smaller in size they sure fight admirably and put the 7wt to the test. I ended up landing 4 bones and losing 3 in about two hours of fishing. I took the rest of the day off to tour some of the island and do a little shopping, but will get back out tomorrow for a morning fish, and I will probably head to one of the salinas on the island that are suppose to hold much bigger fish.
    Last night I went down the road to a spot called Sapodilla Bay to see if I could see any fish tailing as it was a fairly calm evening. I did manage a couple of small snapper and cudas, but that was it. I did have what I thought was a close call, while I was wading I just about stepped on a stingray that had to be three feet across the back, it was getting close to sundown so with the reflection on the water made it difficult to see until it was almost to late, luckily he spooked and kicked up a good size mud and gave me a good spook.

A few pics from this morning,

A toothy snapper!
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/pgBilly/P3180131.jpg[/img]

Bonefish.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/pgBilly/P3180132.jpg[/img]

Bone to hand.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/pgBilly/P3180133.jpg[/img]

The beach/flat at our Villa looking west.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/pgBilly/P3180134.jpg[/img]

The beach/flat looking east.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/pgBilly/P3180135.jpg[/img]

Well until tomorrow,
    Cheers
    Bill
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-John Buchan, Lord Tweedsmuir.

Thread Information