BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from around 11:00 to 1:30... had to get out to keep my goal of fishing the chuck ever month of the year. Started at the Bell Bouy finished 1 mile from the QA. Pulled around chartrues flasher with purple haze hoochie at 80-100' and tomic 602 15' deeper, then a green silver coyote 4" with green flasher. Got nothing. A bit of a algea bloom too. Should have gone at tide changes, the combo of big tide and heave out flow from the Fraser cause some crazy currants. About 5 others out with two seal each. Spectacular day, though... caused a real need for beer an aloe lotion.
Have fun, Jason.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey BigJay was the weather rough out there today? were there lots of fish showing on the sonar/sounder? i know where i was today(green timbers) it was real windy from about 11am till 2 when i left started raining so i left! Hope the beer tasted good! maybe i'll see you out there in a few weeks or so!

C.K.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the weather Strait side of the bouy was calm 5 to 10kn SE. But the day was strange cause it was choppy leaving Granville Is. than at the bouy. Likely a thermal, wind generated by heating of the land causing the wind in the bay but not a mile off shore. There was a conveluted swell with most of it come from the W but some SE but long enough not to bounce around. Better for fishing than sailing today.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
770 Posts
hmmm...

There was quite a bit of action out that way that morning BigJay. I didn't make it out, but my friend had a chunk 10 lb keeper, another local charter firm I know, 1 of their boats had a lean 8lber, and another boat had a 19lber.

Most of the action came from towards the QA. See my post on Sportfishingbc's forum.

Also, there was a 33lber caught off the Slash on Friday morning.

that's it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rube it in :oops: ... I think I saw your buddy coming into the gas dock at tennish. I got to get back into form and go at the right time like high slack. Next time, I'll be out at 5:30am fishing instead of buying gas at 10:30am.
Have fun, Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts