BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It is that time of year once again! Our annual river clean up is right around the corner, and we would love to see you! This is one event that has been close to my heart. As a frequent user of our local waterways this is a personal way I can give back to the sport that gives me so much enjoyment. Every year we keep getting bigger and this year will be no exception. Last year we went national on Global & CBC News.....Again this year there will be a Free BBQ for our volunteers, and the Vancouver Aquarium will be setting up shop along side us along with Starbucks and other great local businesses that have come together for this great cause. Education and awareness is our focus! Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM · See below for more details.2014 Clean Up Coverage
http://globalnews.ca/news/1252915/taking-out-the-trash-along-the-banks-of-the-fraser/

Finder :cheers:

Gill Bar in Chilliwack in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Fraser River Shoreline Clean-up and Community BBQFraser Riverkeeper and Woodtone are excited to host the 8th annual shoreline cleanup at Gill Bar!

Garbage, dumping and pollution are affecting the quality of our recreational areas and wildlife habitat. Let's all pitch in to help clean up the places we fish, ride, relax and play!
When: Saturday March 28th from 10am - 1pm
Who: Everyone is welcome!
Where: At the end of Gill Road in Chilliwack
Please bring a pair of work gloves if you have them and a reusable mug or water bottle for refreshments.
Safety vests, gloves (for those who need them) and garbage bags will be provided to all volunteers at registration. There will be a safety briefing at 10am so please arrive on time.
We will also be hosting a FREE community BBQ on site with hamburgers, hot dogs and a veggie option for all volunteers.
Remember to bring the whole family as we will have the Vancouver Aquarium's AquaZone onsite to provide educational programming!
BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors and supporters: Woodtone, Rotz Disposal, the City of Chilliwack, the Chilliwack Water Store, Starbucks - Victorian Court, Chilliwack IGA, Restaurant 62 and The Vancouver Aquarium

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Finder,
I will be bringing my U15 Chilliwack Bantam AA Baseball team out to this. Great event to give back!!!
Hey thanks for your interest. I agree, it is the perfect way to give back. Especially for those who don't have much time and busy schedules.

Finder:cheers:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to say a Big THANK YOU to all who made it out for this event. :D Without your support we wouldn't have been able to accomplish what we did out there. Fantastic job everyone! The official numbers are not in yet in terms of volunteer numbers and how much garbage that was removed from the river, however I will post that once we get them. I will guess and say at least 200 people turned out to pitch in, and we removed roughly 6-8 tons of garbage....Official numbers to follow. Again well done everyone and thank you! See you all next year.

Finder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts