BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's the week we fish nootka last 5 years.

Last year was the first time we came back without a really nice bunch of fish. Extreme rain just prior to our trip kind of hurt us. We did get on some nice hali's just outside the rocks though....also just around the corner from the lighthouse in 100ft or so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We must have been there at the same time. LOTS of rain. We were in that parking lot at Hoiss drowning anchovies like the rest of the suckers. Lots of boats and no fish. I'm not sure if I want to relive that experience. Any other suggestions for a good weekend spot?

Johnny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I am headed to Nootka for the first time on July 23 for 5 days of fishin, I have heard its a great place to fish.
I have been fishing Tifino for the last 10 years or so but like others I an looking for some place new to go.
Booked at critter Cove with a few other friends but I could use some tips on where to fish and whats works best.
I like halibut even more than salmon, I see Gravy you posted about the "rocks" and the "lighthouse". Is this area close to the mouth of
Nootka inlet?

chumsalot
I have friends that fish Port Hardy area and just knock them dead that time of year.
I guess your like me, always looking for some place new to fish.
Where you go you will have fun!!!

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes...the lighthouse is right at the opening to nootka around from Friendly Cove and the rocks are the area known as Maquinna pt. Basically stay jut outsed the kelp and you should do good on the slack....100 ft of water or so. Chickens mostly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.