BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Kamloops fly shop website, Ron posted that Morgan and 6 mile are ice free......OPEN WATER!!!!!

WHOO HOOO....FLY FISHING SEASON IS HERE!!! (well, it already was, i've been out on the river a few times already, thank god for 6 mil waders and long johns)

·
Registered
183 Posts
...thats good news!! hopefully they don't freeze over again, it was snowing at my place today in Aberdeen. :mad: Any reccomendations on which one the fishing is better at ice off? I may go thursday if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea which one woul be better. They are only a few minutes from each other so you can kinda pick and choose. I do know that Morgan had a better shore line for sheilding against the wind if its coming from the north...but we all know what a northerly wind means for fishermen....Die hards only....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I heard 21 for Saturday on local news, but woke up this morning to snow......weather network said rain and 11 for Saturday, unless they chaged their mind??? If it is going to be that warm I could see Jacko going in a couple of days and maybe more!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked the weather network and they sai 19 an 20 for the weekend. Soon....very soon...all the fish will be on my fly....I can't wait.

·
Registered
901 Posts
not from ice off... a few years ago there was a big fish kill i believe...i dont know if it was a ph change or what..there may have even been a problem with algae i cant remember precisely... it has only been open again since 2005 as a catch and release only lake so please handle them with care.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.