BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the Nucks did not deserve to win this series let alone really any of the games among the 4 if you were going to evaluate them putting in a solid 60 minutes of effort. Add to that poor D.....lack of scoring.....out-coached.....the list goes on and on.

Just a post mortem......I thought this article by Botchford (pretty sure it's him) was pretty good; not blaming the refs in the slightest for the loss....but it certainly was all over the map.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/05/08/da/

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Good for you. I watched the Canucks four playoff games and wished I hadn't bothered. I had more fun reading the Canucks and Sharks threads on here.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That was a good read. I caught game one, and have been in Zimbabwe trying to follow twitter and other media outlets. I am utterly disappointed in being swept. Really? 4 straight games. Kind of lost for words. I did watch highlights of the penalty in overtime. To me it looked like the player hit, intentionally curled his body towards the boards to make the hit look more like a boarding call. Regardless, pretty crappy way to end it. I like AV, Gillis can go, but I think it's gonna be a long time until we have a squad of guys that can make another run.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Well, here's my contribution...and yes I am a Canucks fan.

BC Law: The RCMP is cracking down on speeders heading into Vancouver. For the first offense,they give you two Vancouver Canucks tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 30 millionaires around a TV watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
A. The Vancouver Canucks

Q. What do the Vancouver Canucks and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 20,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'

Q. How do you keep the Vancouver Canucks out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal net.

Q. How many Vancouver Canucks does it take to win a Stanley Cup?
A. Nobody knows and we'll never find out.

Q. What do the Vancouver Canucks and possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Of course we are ALL disappointed in this year and last year's results however, for those of you that didn't get the stats from today's paper.....(MIKEY....take note)..AV...313 wins..franchise record.....2 regular season NHL titles.....1 coach of the year....6 NW Division titles......AND 2 straight 1st round exits.....bye bye............other coaches have done less and still have their jobs.... Once again, no way to start a new paragraph...arrrrghhhhh.....................anyway from my perspective, we need a bigger stronger (score an occasional goal defence) and trade Lou NOW for some prospects....This is the end of an era in Vancouver and I';ll bet the sellout streak comes to an end in 2013-14 season......Ortho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts