BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little late on the posting, but I thought I would stick up a couple of pics from last Friday. I was lucky enough to tag along with the big man Bergler. We had to transport some gear around so a bit of a late start on the day. We got to Grant narrows around 10:30am. The Lake was like glass, and Bergler, myself and 2 other tag alongs headed up the lake. I gotta say, if you were to catch nothing on a trip up the Upper Pitt, you would still have a great time with the scenery. There is nothing like running that river, and I'm always glad to go along with someone that now only knows that river, but knows how to run a river, several times the main flow was blocked by massive fallen trees, so into the skinny water we went.

The first fish was landed on the first cast, it was a nice little Bull on my rod, which is a switch, because I get thumped by Bergler any other time I fish with him :thumbup:

I should clarify that Bergler spent a total of about 15minutes fishing, the rest of the day he was busy teaching a complete newbie co-worker to flyfish, By the end of the day he had her casting 50ft with heavy heads and big patterns

The weather got wet, and the water got dirty, but we kept on wading,

the fishing definately slowed down, and as the camera isn't water proof the picture taking was done, Overnight the river really came up, and talking to a couple others that were supposed to go up the next day it was almost flood stage. So I guess we just slipped in a the right time :beerchug:

Reactions: Rib

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cool report. Nice fish and the river looks so awesome with the fog. :thumbup: I dunno if we're crazy but I also love fishing in that weather, the wife and family think I'm nuts but its just so great. :peace:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice pics, I have finally taken some time to use those tips I got at the fishout (thanks Nates and eimaj) and learned how to flyfish this weekend, mostly just puttin around on Pitt lake visiting a buddy camping. Hopefully I will get back up there before the summers over!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's funny, but I really do love river fishing in that warm wet mist kinda weather. It's like having one of those mister systems running on you all day long to keep you cool :thumbup: Near the end of the day you shoulda seen some of the branches, then logs, then trees coming down the river :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Water has the gift of life and is very rejuvinating after a warm spell...

.....Been meaning to get up there myself, looks and sounds like an awsome place... :)

:beerchug:....Marko

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Great pics eimaj, I especially like the first one...Man I need bergler to teach me some more on the flyrod, as anyone who's witnessed my casting these days would attest to, I need the help. :'(

Nice fish!

rib

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice fish eimaj,the fish are just a bonus when you get to do a trip like that. The scenery and the serenity up there must be awesome. Nice co-worker aswell. :thumbup:

Tight Lines, Nates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.