BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont post reports very often but here is one for the hardcore fishermen.

So myself and a buddy headed out for some float tubing on a local lake. At my place we had a tiny bit of snow but it wasnt even covering the grass. So off we go.

We get there and the snow is everywhere and covering everything. We went to Rolley and at this time of year the gate is closed and its a bit of a walk down to the lake. Here is a pic of the amount of snow

So off down the road we go. We arrive and here is what we come to

So the lake had some ice on it and their was no way we could fish it. So a quick break and back up the road with our tubes to the truck. I got back to the truck and loaded up my tube. I was waiting for my buddy who was quite a ways behind me. Here he comes

So off to Whonnock. We arrive and are suprised ( well not really ) to find it has ice on it as well. I had one more idea. I had never tried this lake and what better time than now to try it. So off to Hayward Lake.

We arrive and find it does not have ice. So out on the lake we go.

Here are a few pics of the lake

No fish on this day and that water was cold. I would like to try it in the spring. I see that electrics are allowed on the lake so I will take the Spratley out on it with the finder. Didnt fish long. Cant say we didnt try though

·
Registered
419 Posts
I grew up fishing Hayward as a kid. It use to fish well. Don't know about now. At the north end where Steelhead creek comes in was alright in the spring as well as the southeast end of the lake. There is a small cove where fish tend to hide. We used to fish from shore on the whole east side as our property backed down to there. Good luck next time you go. There are some decent fish to be had :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks for sharing your day fishing ! But I dont know how you go float tubing this time of the year - MY FEET WOULD BE FREEZING - lol! Whats the secret there - to keeping your feet with some sort of feeling - lol. I dont know what it is but even in Oct/Nov I have a hard time with that! And it cant be because my boots are too tight cause my boots are too big - lol. Maybe thats the problem?
Anyways your photos were beautiful! Love the front gate!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I prefer the double layer gortex sox... Around $20.00 a pair and I have two. Dry and toasty IMO
and now all I have to do is find a way to keep my fingers warm after pulling them out of icey fridgid
water to sub freezing temps..... :-[

:beerchug: marko

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
marko said:
I prefer the double layer gortex sox... Around $20.00 a pair and I have two. Dry and toasty IMO
and now all I have to do is find a way to keep my fingers warm after pulling them out of icey fridgid
water to sub freezing temps..... :-[

:beerchug: marko
Thanks Marko for the tip - I'll definitely give it a try! Yeah and the fingers are a little tough sometimes too - I find tyeing the knots a little tough when you cant feel your fingers - lol.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Many times I've hiked 4ms in the snow to find my lake frozen, often with my tube. Its kinda dissapointing. Hayward has some monster rainbows, but very few. Lots of pikeminnows though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.