BC Fishing Reports banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well done ST!!......What a great read!. I have to be honest. I, too have a smile on my face, ;D and you know why.
Hard work, and determination, doing your homework and scoring BIG..Sweet, man.....I love it!!!!!........Ortho 8)
That first chrome slab is a BIG steelie!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys great day and awesome pics! I'm not asking for exacts or honey holes but approx. how far up do you guys go up the river? Any info would be greatly appreciated! PM me if you like!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Way to go man! A natural hatrick? with some good rods too! Makes me wanna do some hiking.

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Those first two were my fish!!! :mad: My fish Damn it!!! ! I hook em, you land em...I should Ban you!!! :p ;)
Buddy, what a day! It was by far, one of the most enjoyable days steelheading I have ever had, especially considering I didn't land either of mine...It truly was a treat to see you hook and fight those fish...awesome!
Always enjoyable fishing with you guys...even when you take my fish!!!
Nice work ST...you definitely deserve it, and I'll bet you'll get many more in the years to come...
But hopefully sooner than that, like say, next weekend? ;D
see you then,
;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, the smile will still be there next week! The first fish has been estimated to anywhere from 20lb plus using fish calculators. One even said 24 lbs :eek:, I had originally thought around the 15lb marker. Taking some vague measurements off of the pic and comparing it to my arm the fish was about 38" long!

Still bitter about that eh Rib? Don't worry, you and marko will get yours next weekend! And next time land the fish in the river ;D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I woulkd say it looks alot bigger than 15 lbs! More like 20. I'm with you on that one. Look at how fat that tail is! You can barely get your hands on it! Nice fish!

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Whatever weight it is, it certainly is an amazing fish! I wasn't there to see it in person, but man!, what a huge slab...Hopefully one of the pics you took Trav will be of framing quality...that's one you'll think about over and over again for the rest of your life...!

·
Registered
648 Posts
swore I'd never post like this, but, damn nice fish Trav. Do you really think that the boys are gonna take you along next time??? Better watch who you outfish, he yields alot of power on this ole site ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts
A quality day on the river for sure guys. Nice to see you guys being rewarded for all the sketchy hikind you're doing. That first fish is a great looking steel. You're right Rib size isn't that important, but I'd say that fish is around 17#. Great post and great job.

Tight Lines, Wes Roffey

·
Registered
784 Posts
wow thats a nice looknig steel! I also broke the slump on the weekend with a 8# hatchery doe, 7# wild doe, and a 10# hatchery buck all on bugs on the 26th. Congrats on the steel.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
See what i miss out on when i don't make these trips i'm supposed to! Good job Rib and Trav on the steelhead outing! Thats what it's all about! Travis 3 in one day is spectacular my friend! Marko buddy i didn't hear of you hooking anything in that story? Whats up with that Mr first cast steelhead on! ;)

C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ironhead, as much as I wanted to keep fishing jigs they just weren't working for me. I ended up putting on some wool that fooled them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.