BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....

As mentioned we were out on Sunday. Nice day considering the crap weather that has gone on. We made it out for ~9:00 shooting for the tide at ~10:45 or so.

Managed a nice 10ish lb scrappy coho that as you will see was hooked really deep. Then we also manged a nice ~24lb spring right as we said "it's probably time to head in". Lost 3 other good hookups.....one spring for sure and the other 2 didn't get close to enough to get a look, but all felt likely fairly good fish.

Here are some pics............OH and one other thing. If your friend says..."I have a net on board it is a FAMILY HEIRLOOM"; bring your own net. His Dad went to the net the coho for me and fish went RIGHT through the net. Me thinks the netting had seen better days. So my friend decides to fix the gaping hole with some zap straps. As I go to net a nice spring guess what slides right through the net?? Ya....you guessed it, and that was a mess to try and figure out when the fish and gear has all slid through the net. :wallbash:

The last pic is kind of funny. I was supposed to be helping my girlfriend bottle wine on Sunday......ya right.....beautiful sunny that could be spent on the water!!! Anyhow....she bottled the wine and decided to name it after me "ditching out".

Sorry about the blood.....but it was hooked very deep.

Don't ever trust something like this for landing your fish!! :confused:

AND.....the fight was on.

Hmmm.......no net. :peace:

A quick shot with some patriotism throw in.

Not too bad on the "hook".......but the smile on my buddies Dad's face was awesome with this fish.

And......this is what I came back in to. I wonder if she would conider some other ones......"I've gone skiing"....."I've gone out with the boys to have a few too many beers".....I could start a full on winery here!! :drunk:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Man I tried to get out there with a buddie of mine with a solid 18 ft'er and a working 115 ob and had
to turn around at Steveston after a small craft warning was issued and 4-5ft white caps, but that was at
the mouth I guess the water was a little more stable outside of the flow....Oh well looks like you
guys did alright... :beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
42 Posts
marko said:
Man I tried to get out there with a buddie of mine with a solid 18 ft'er and a working 115 ob and had
to turn around at Steveston after a small craft warning was issued and 4-5ft white caps, but that was at
the mouth I guess the water was a little more stable outside of the flow....Oh well looks like you
guys did alright... :beerchug: Marko
lol...I was in my 14' aluminum.. I came out from the north arm and it was a little ruff right infront but OK north towards the bouy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
marko said:
I doubt you're talking Sunday gutchucker,surely you ment today as yesterday was a vertial witches brew
out there around noon. :eek: marko
I left mcdonald boat ramp around 2 sunday trying to catch high slaack at the bouy.. The mouth of the north arm was ugly but got better towards the bouy.. I was debating a little when I first got out and thought I would give it an hour.. the wind was suppose to slow down and did, it turned out to be a nice night on the chuck.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Ya thats what I thought...!!!Looking at the size of the rollers at the mouth of the Fraser,a marine
warning being ecoed over the radio and all traffic in the area inclueding the coastgaurd heading the
other way finallized the captans decision...... :-X Marko

·
Registered
816 Posts
Your not suposta show up out of nowhere and get everything... espeically on that green hoochie, with the bell in the back ground. Good show.
Went out today and got jack. One good hit of the bat then crap.
And that's it for my season. School is all I am doing.
Good one pippen.
Have fun, Jason.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigjay said:
Your not suposta show up out of nowhere and get everything... espeically on that green hoochie, with the bell in the back ground. Good show.
Went out today and got jack. One good hit of the bat then crap.
And that's it for my season. School is all I am doing.
Good one pippen.
Ha ha.......ya the green hoochie was NOT my idea. I had chovies on the the other 3 rods.....btw, I was sitting in my place doing some work on Saturday and saw you out strolling down Broadway around Blenheim.

Good luck with school and drop me a line if you wanna hook up for a :beerchug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pippen said:
downchild said:
Interesting rod set up..................... :confused:
What is so "interesting"?? :confused:
It looks very cluster like. It would hate to get a REAL big one on that back rod. :2cents:
Just not the way you see most guys rigging it. :2cents:
Looks like you have another scotty rod holder available you could try using that one instead of your in board R/H and angle it out. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
downchild said:
It looks very cluster like. It would hate to get a REAL big one on that back rod. :2cents:
Just not the way you see most guys rigging it. :2cents:
Looks like you have another scotty rod holder available you could try using that one instead of your in board R/H and angle it out. :2cents:
It was a bit tight......and I had not seen his set up before as there was only one Scotty Holder on there. The Scotty holder held the deep rod, while the inboard held the shallow. I am used to the set up as you describe, but had to make do with what we had. I have been out on this friends boat a few times.....but never fishing so I didn't know what to expect until we got there......hence the lovely hole in the net. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.