BC Fishing Reports banner

A local flow

2K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  Big Green Machine 
#1 ·
I had no commitments this morning so I decided to head out and search for coho. I thought about Norrish, but had not heard any good reports lately, so I decided on a smaller flow nearer to home. The day was not bad at all weather-wise, and and, even tho' I walked 2 km of water, i didn't see another angler. that alone would have made the day, but I had the good fortune to land a couple of coho (both coloured) and a surprisingly clean chum. All went back to their business aftger a brief handshake with yours truly. I seldom take photos when I am solo (too much hassle), but I had to try out the camera I got from coho-killer on the weekend. As you can see, it takes great shots, thanks Kev. Hard to get the fish to cooperate, but he's there. Look around for your spots folks, and you don't have to share the water with a ton of bone-heads.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice shots my friend! Glad you like the camera and good job on catching a few fish as well! The beverages you left behind when you were here went to good use, again thanks buddy! Maybe one day you can take me to where you were gonna fish that we talked about when you were here? Glad the camera works, enjoy bud! :cheers:

Were you flyfishing?

CK

#3 ·
That little 2km walk always puts a smile on my face. I feel so relaxed after fishing that urban oasis. Surprised you didn't run into the sea-run wolf pack that usually starts to show up in there around this time of year. Might be a touch early yet. :cheers: sage

#9 ·
Big Green Machine said:
I used to live in that area and yes, what a beauty of a stream it once was and will hope to be again someday.

I appriciate you not mentioning the name of the flow!
People have ways of figuring this out unfortunately.
To figure it out from the photos, they'd have to hike a half kilometre thru flowing water. If they have done that, they have earned the right to know the water. That's the way I and anyone else who can identify it got to know it. Like I said, I was alone for a half day, so no weekend meat fishers were out of their element there. And there really weren't any fish to attract them either. Can't harm the fish that aren't there.

#10 ·
Big Green Machine said:
I used to live in that area and yes, what a beauty of a stream it once was and will hope to be again someday.

I appriciate you not mentioning the name of the flow!
People have ways of figuring this out unfortunately.
Yes however only those who know the flow! Not those who feast on internet reports to determine where they go fishing tomorrow. ;)

#18 ·
This was literally the back yard of friends of mine. Their acerage went almost to this flow. They had bears constantly roaming threw their place to get to this jewel. It is definatly a beautiful place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.