BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the fishing up towards Campbell River area was great. Lots of pinks. Fished the Gold but I think it was too high. I tried to access it by the golf course on the way west out of town. That canyon seems impossible to access. Where is the "summer steelhead" fishing waters on the Gold? Do you need to hike and camp in the valley north of town? Also, just fished the Vedder tonight and got the big SKUNK. But I was only on it for an our just north of the bridge more scoping things than anything. When scouting the water for trout or anything moving, I saw a little fingerling drift by so I picked it up, looked like it had just died, I think it was a Steelhead, but can't tell cause I've never caught one. It was about the size of my palm...what gives? :confused:

· Registered
876 Posts
Could be because you can't keep those things off your hook. I think I may have mortaly wounded one today when it bite my size 2 hook with roe on it :wallbash: I feel so bad when that happens but they just wont stay off of anything and when we are using salmon hooks, the hook ends up going through the eye, brain, gills (you get the idea). :'(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.