BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... the Squamish last Sunday. Wow my arms and back are ruined!!! and so is my Abu 6500C. it's all C&R and it was all chum all the time. ;D ;D ;D. Beautiful day with wicked friends and non stop fish. what more could you ask for?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
most of the fish were in full colour but we only hooked into 1 true dog. some of the fish were in fabulous shape. No chromers but in really good nic. We fished just down from the mouth of the Chekamus. wool combos of various colours. my 1st 2 were on orange and black in the early Am. the next 4-5 were on black and forest green. then there was a lull from 9-10ish and then busy the rest of the day on purple and green. short floated as always and of the 15 or so to the beach I fouled 1 in the pectoral fin and 1 in the eye (felt bad about that one :'( ) i'd say that was a pretty good go. my buddy got 20-25 to the beach and his co-worker must have doubled that. it was nuts. all of us had fish on in the 1st 15min. co-worker was 2nd cast, I was 4th cast, buddy was 5th and my noob bud (who was out river fishing for the 1st time) about his 10th. I was really glad the day was that good for no other reason than to hear my noob friend complain about his back and arms all the way home. :thumbup: 8) :D. pretty much explains why the 30yr old 6500c gave up the ghost. thank god i brought up the back up set up.

·
Registered
853 Posts
ya i was out yesterday and had the same thing, got a few silver fish though :thumbup: :thumbup: didnt see a soul. walked the cheakamus in the am and managed to get a nice dolly and a chrome coho. then hit the mouth there and it was nonstop fish. i have been using mustad circle hooks for chum this year and have been very pleasently surprised. cut foul hooking out by 90% thi year with a good hook set in the snout almost everytime!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too bad. where we were it was almost as if they were coming through in waves. you'd nail a couple and then it would slow a bit, then every cast would elicit a hit, then it would slow a little. the pattern repeated itself throughout the day 'cept for the lull in the mid AM. well I guess where we know where to find you next time out ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.