1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I'm new to the forums here. Someone form huntingbc.ca told me about
your site and I decided I'd drop a line. I'm heading out to Adams lake this
weekend to do some fishing and am wondering if anyone has any tips?
Is trolling with ford fenders or willow leafs good with a worm behind? Flys?
Where abouts on the lake are the fish? or are they all over the lake all year?
I can't get at the fishing reports quite yet since I'm so new and besides, who
wants to make 20 useless posts. I'd rather just take my time getting there
and see what kind of tips I can get with starting my own theard. Thanks.

Nalid

PS: Did a search of the forums for "adams lake" and didn't find any relevant information.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I haven't fished Adams myself, but a fellow I used to work with did, he always trolled plugs or bucktails, he had said in the past he's used planing boards in the fall spring, but not summer. I would think that other than trolling, the inflows would be best bet.

·
Registered
853 Posts
We put in at the ferry and ran along the deep side with all the log booms. Flies we used were Large spratleys in black and green. Cop car apexes on a down rigger got us some decent fish as well. There are some monsters in there. good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never fished Adams this time of year,i'm usually up there week after the May longweekend,forget the longweekend way to many idiots partying!!!Anyway's we usually camp at Honeymoon Bay and fish right in the middle from Honeymoon Bay north towards Momich, we use apex's blk/silver,red/silver,paleblue/silver.If the water is choppy use about 1.5 oz.if its calm try 2.5 oz.All the fish i've caught(rainbows) were anyware from 16-24 in. not filling the boat but 3-4 aday.Now if you go deep frog pattern apex darkgreen/blk dots you'll get some big Dollies.LK Trout. Biggest Dolly i got about 5 yrs ago was 18.5 lbs thought i snagged something at first then it ran twice and that was it,it was like pulling in an anchor and once it got to the boat it flopped around acouple of times and ran once more and pretty much rolled over, not very exciting the smaller Rainbows way more fun!!!!! Fly fishing in the late evening can sometimes get you something usually if theres a hatch or something,most of my luck though has been on apex's.Word of advice if it looks like its going to start to blow get the hell off the lake this is one of those lakes that can turn ugly real quick!!!!! :naughty: If your trolling near the island northeast of Honeymoon be carefull it gets real shallow between the two and around them ,good place to hold up though if it gets ugly ,been stuck on that island once for 7 hours because i didn't heed the in coming weather,long time with only 2 beer left 1 fish and half a candy bar and no matches!!!! :confused: :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.