BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I went campibg at adams lake this weekend and I was banned from bringing my fly rod...can you beleive that :eek: ::) aparently it was one of those family trips where youre not aloud to fish.
It was fun though...even in the rain ;D we went for some nice walks including the "salmon walk" (Rodrick haig brown prov. park). man was I sorry I didn't have my rod with me :wallbash: there was fish (cutthroat) everywhere :-X oops I wasn't supposed to say that :drunk:
it was a fun trip even without my pole :happy:
time to get ready for next weeks cariboo trip...my rods coming this time O0

cheers :cheers:

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steelies-nitemare said:
:hmmm: One thing I learned long agois, when it comes to certain things, its easier to asked for forgivness than it is for permission........ :beerchug:  ::)
I think Im probably going to have to try that saying out on the next trip...however we're going back up there on the 19th and needless to say my rods coming with us then :thumbup:
I'm pretty sure there are no cutthroats in there
??? are you sure? when we were going for a walk to see the salmon we came across a logjam into one of the spawning channels and in this one spot in between 2 logs there was a little fish (16 inches) that had gotten stuck that sure looked like a cuthroat to me  I didn't get a picture of it so I'll explain to you what it looked like the best I can.
It was VERY silver with spots allover the body except for near the belly  where the spots retreated up its back before coming down to cover the whole fish again near the neck...I didn't see the head so I can't say anything about a red slash on its throat but I'll try to find a picture of it on google and post it here

cheers  :cheers:
PS:the fish quickly jumped out of its imprisonment after he saw me wading out to try and help it out :thumbup:

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Hmm, yeah I don't know what it could be...there is something like 19 species of fish in the shuswap lake. I'm glad it wasn't yellow and spiny...fisheries is wigging out about perch up there at the moment. They found a couple lakes in the area with perch in them that drained to the shuswap. If those dirty buggers got in there it would be game over.

· Registered
96 Posts
Heh Bronjuan

I have fished the Shuswap Lake / Adams River for too many years to count - and I can confirm that the colours of the fish are really varied

The Rainbow from the main lake can be silver with a blue back - then others are more spotted and a green back with traditional red hues - near the mouth of the Adams and in the Adams we have caught rainbows with an almost Khaki/ pale green back and heavy spotting like a cuttthroat

- I am sure this what you saw

This river attracts trout from all over the Shuswap system and as far away as the North Thompson when the salmon are running and again in the spring when the fry and fingerlings are moving.

It is a great place to fish - and speaking of that - I think it is time right now to head over to the river and catch the last few hours of daylight today.

Oakey

· Registered
2,348 Posts
That is a nice rainbow! In Alaska they call those "Leopard Rainbows" due to the higher than normal amount of spots. You will find quite a variation in fish appearance from system to system. For example fish from a tea colored lake will generally have darker colors than those from a crystal clear one.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Was out on the weekend fishing the mouth of Adams River and was surprised to see very few salmon, which is odd for this time of year. Where are they? We usually hammer the rainbows on egg patterns but only managed to land a few, biggest about 20 inches.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Green Machine said:
Was out on the weekend fishing the mouth of Adams River and was surprised to see very few salmon, which is odd for this time of year. Where are they? We usually hammer the rainbows on egg patterns but only managed to land a few, biggest about 20 inches.
really?
when we were up there we saw tons of chinook (not very many sockeye) but maybe its to late for chinook now

· Registered
897 Posts
I fished the Adams this past week (14 - 17 th.) with 3 buddies. Big disappointment, 16 rainbows and whole mess of whitefish for 4 guys over 4 days. Most fish were small except for a couple of 4 lb. ones. We didn't see any sockeye and hit the end of the chinook run. Talked to some of the regulars and they said you could always count on the sockeye showing up on the 14 th. or 15 th. but they had only seen about 20 sockeye and they don't know what is happening this year. Overheard one gentleman saying it probably has something to do with the 1.4 million sockeye that went "missing" between Chilliwack and Laidlaw in 2004 :( Might go back up at Halloween and see if they are just late.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.