BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have to travel to Penticton then on to Kelowna next week. I was thinking of taking my Southfork pontoon boat and rods along, but have I have almost no lake experience in these general areas (more exp in the Kamloops area, but doubt I have time for the drive). I'll be in a front-wheel drive Escape, so could manage only moderately rough roads. I prefer trout/char, bigger = better, but also enjoy bass especially on the surface. I use the fly rod mostly, but could take the spinner along too. Totally c&r.

One lake that looks like it might fit the bill is Idleback. Any opinions on this or any other lake in the region would be really appreciated! :)

twocoaster

·
Registered
71 Posts
So many options. If you want to fish the south valley, go to Vaseux lake for Bass. Never fished it but have heard excellent results. In the Kelowna area right now there are many lakes fishing well. Try contacting Trout Water Supplies for specific info, but many lakes are 2 wheel drive accessible in our region. Last year at about this time I went to Spring Lake above Peachland, small C and R lake aerated courtisy of the Lonely Loons FFC and had a good day. Easy to get to, nice fish. Need specific directions though. PM me if you'd like and I may be able to pass on some more specifics.
Sparky.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I always go to Oyama Lake when I visit my friends in Kelowna. A GREAT camping lake and the fishing is good as well. Something like 27 islands on the lake. The road used to be 4x4 but I think you can get a 2x in fairly easily now.

Try a green bead-head leech deeper, or knouff lake special near the surface. Both work well, along with all the regular suspects.

If its just a short trip, try Loon or Flyfish 1&2 up the Beaver Lake road. Small lakes, limited camping but nice fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.