BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have fished in 03 and 05 for several days on the Fraser out of Chilliwack. First July 1, then Aug. 1. Your input please, we have the choice this year to fish Sept. 27 for four days or Oct. 24 for four days. We have caught previously, pinks, sockeyes and red springs.

Your input and opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Salt.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You will not have sockeye or pinks as sockeye will be closed by then and pinks are up north this year as they only come up The Fraser on odd years(every two years)....
Sockeye will be open generally from August 1 for a few weeks. But, you never know these days..They have a way of disappearing between the ocean and the freshwater...Funny how that happens...Oops, we aren't supposed to say anything about the priviledged few.. :wink:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the sockeye run this year is expected to be as good if not better than last year! i almost am for sure they will be open this year! depends on how late they enter the river thisyear! like lastyear they were really late but did open and there were tonnes to be caught! i had the best year ever lastyear but the key for sockeye is to have a boat and get to islands where little or no ppl are fishing! in the mix were pinks and springs where my biggest was 23 1/2lbs!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Salt.... If I were you I would take the October dates. Way more fish in the Vedder in late October versus late September. Coho and White Springs should both be in the river in good numbers..... it's a bit of a gong show then, so my advise would be to stay away the the big crowds.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sockeye.... the "S" word!! :? I have already read on 2 different DFO "fisheries notice" postings where they are giving us a little teaser that a recreational fishery for Sockeye is expected to commence late July!! A fairly bold statement considering how far off the mark they were last year.
Have also heard rumours of an anticipated large return this year, but who knows..... although the sporties are allowed to catch them in Barkley Sound already.

G

·
0 Posts
I think they'll open it by august 3rd, and it will be a 3 week opening.

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Mike are you just being optomistic or do you have some little man on your shoulder giving you inside information. <lol>

We all can now hope and dream for a 3 week opening starting August 3rd.

Cool !!! I'm smackin' my lips already.

GOFISH 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i agree that you should take the october dates as there is COHO, WHITE SPRINGS and CHUM to be caught in the vedder in that time of the year and should be in good numbers by then

however you can also fish the Chehalis in october for some early COHO :D have gotten some there myself but it really picks up in November i have found

now with the COHO in the vedder you can also get them in september as that is when they start running into the Vedder i have gotten lots of COHO by the second weekend of Sept especially last year :D :D :D and on the FLY none the less

hope this helps T.Salt

HOOK

G

·
0 Posts
Mike are you just being optomistic or do you have some little man on your shoulder giving you inside information. [/quote]

I have my sources :wink:

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
mid sept coho in the vedder? awesome thats a 2 week head start hor me then mind you i use a drift setup!

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
When I used to fish the Vedder all the time I would consistantly start to hook coho at the end of the second week in August. Best coho fishing for me on the Vedder has alwasys before the springs move in in mid september.
Last few years the coho run was smaller and later than usual but still within the spectrum. I went coho fishing at the end of October and I either had really crappy luck or the fish were few and far between and got nada. Tried again in November and more fish were present but still not "like it used to be."

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well Big Green

if your talking about last year then YES the coho runs were at least pathetic.I mean the two i got in september on the fly in the vedder would be the only two from there and i only got one more at chehalis last year

the runs just never seemed to show up

I did however have one of the best Steelhead seasons ever hooking into almost 20 or maybe even more :shock: :D

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think your a little mixed up sounds like hook was talkin about past experience then 5 posts later said that however last year was an off year,

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
baaaaaaaa haaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
HOLY **IT

sanderson I'm so very sorry that you I forgot a couple words as i was typing quickly before I went out. Next time I will remember to PROOF READ my posts just for you

what I meant to say was that the ones i got last year on the fly were in the middle of September last year HOWEVER i did not even hook another until i got one at the Chehalis later on

thank you

why do we pick apart other peoples posts. Does it make those who do feel bigger than the rest of us. " I mean come on !!!"

nice to see that you got a wicked happy laugh out of that CK haha just kidding buddy i can see the humour as well

tight lines ya'll :p:p

HOOK

1 - 20 of 30 Posts