BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have booked at China Creek in early July to hopefully catch some sockeye. I see that the limit will start at two per day, four in possession but DFO may be increase this later. Would appreciate some advice on the best tie-ups to use.

Some say an MP15 hootchy on a single bead with a #5 black Eagle Claw hook and a 24" leader behind a red Hotspot flasher does the trick. Others seem to like the same hootchy but with two #3 black hooks tied an inch apart, facing opposite directions.

A few years ago, an oldtimer at China Creek was limiting out using 2 black hooks only behind a flasher. I tried that too but without much luck. Maybe he was kidding?

Any advice on what works best for you in the Alberni Inlet?

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
either or should work. sockeye are finecky fish until you get into them... mix it up until you find what works for you... just remember; LOTS OF FLASHERS. we use 4 rods all with flahsers plus a dummy on each downrigger for a total of 6 in the water... red flashers are preferred over green.. except for one year we got all of them on green flashers

the oldtimer coudl have been tellin a fib... but i have heard of such stories, except on bright red hooks not black

anywyas best of luck to ya.. we will be up there as well all throughout the summer

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts