BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
claymcpher said:
from what I heard the fish that are coming into the canel are going right into the river system, the river boys are limiting out
Did I miss something? Since when is there a sockeye retention fishery on the Stamp?

Dinsdale

·
Registered
73 Posts
I talked to Gone Fishin up there yesterday and they said that at papermill dam (the only place that there is sockeye retention, tidal license needed) the water is high and no one is really catching anything.....not to mention shoulder to shoulder fishing.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
There are, and have been, sockeye moving through fairly regularly the last little while. The River is fairly high and very cool, still being charged by the persistant snowpack this year. This keeps the Inlet cool, so to the fish the River basically "starts" at Bamfield. Under these conditions, the fish bolt right through, deep and fast, and scoot right up and into the flow. Makes for damn tough targets! As soon as the river starts to drop and heat, the fish begin to back up out in the Inlet. Once in larger schools (average just now is 20-25 per school) and "holding" they are much more prone to biting. Soon now...

The Flossery at PaperMill has been producing some to those who partake there. It is the usual Gong Show, some days the FN's dissuade most from crossing their property, and this creates super crowding conditions on the Park side. There was 62 anglers perched on the Park side rocks last Sunday am :shock: Most that have been successfull are there just before first light. Combat Fishing, but a harvest that puts meat in the freezer if that's your cup of tea...

NOTE: There is no retention fishery for sockeye above the tidal markers at PaperMill Dam.

Be scouting for sox in the Inlet shortly now. Lethca know as it goes...

Cheers,
Nog
http://members.shaw.ca/dreamweaversportsfishing/

F

·
0 Posts
Was fishin there today at about 700am and some guys were getting a few. I myself only hooked into trout, about 10 rainbows and one cutty. The river is really low now and the natives run there boats all over the place to get the fish into there nets. The Park side is a gong show with about 20 guys side by side. I was woundering what is the best fly or lure to hook into sockey in most rivers ??????.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went out in Albernie inlet this morning and had one memorable trip. Started with a quadruple :D and got three into the boat :D . finished off with a quick limit. The fishing seems to be picking up acording to the fish survey person at the dock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts