BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone is paying attention to the Albion Test Fishery counts yet but it looks like the numbers of Chinook passing into the Fraser for this time period is the second highest since they started record counts. There were 18 fish caught in the test fishery nets yesterday! Those are great numbers and bode well for the upcoming Fraser Chinook season. Let's hope these numbers continue well into the first few weeks of August!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Awesome news, I follow those test set results religiously. The Coho changes (allowed to retain 1 marked and one unmarked fish per day) are also encouraging.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is good news. Might have to head out for reds before i normally go, as some of those might be the ones trickling already.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Water is only down a little over the last year freshet , and with where they do the test sets Im not really sure it would have anything to do with water height, I think there is just more fish , even guys in the salt are killin it out there right now for salmon

·
Registered
162 Posts
encouraging yes, hate to read each note on the bottom.

The note should read turn motor on from boat and wake up seals. Seals proceed to where we fish each day. Seals than proceed to pluck fish from the net.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First Sockeye recorded in Albion Test Fishery yesterday! Let's hope this the beginning or a record run!

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
chances of intercepting either endangered aforementioned is very slim unless you have a net strung from bank to bank below the mouth of the sumas. there is alot of water out there still with bar fishing being the preferred method for springs.

·
161 Posts
Just a reminder that they change the catch to 1 chinook and size changes form July 16 - 26 form the previous 4 mentioned the first time. Check up on the updates released today.

Riverman

1 - 20 of 22 Posts